Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Highlander Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharing a few things I learned by doing this out of order:

1. 17x9 wheels with +12 offset and 265/70/17 Wildpeaks actually fit with only the tiniest occasional rubbing at full lock on stock suspension. Presumably you could do this with stock wheels and the right wheel spacers.

Here are pics with this setup:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

2. KYB struts plus are not precisely the same dimensions, and the rears will rub with that same tire/wheel combo.

3. 1.25” wheel spacers solve the rear rub problem with the KYBs, but introduce new rubs in the front wheel wells when turning. This might be curable with melting or trimming plastic fender lining - but I opted to downsize tires instead.

4. 265/65/17s are a great compromise between stock tires and 265/70/17 and fit beautifully with the KYBs. In the Falken, this size is also an XL vs. SL so tougher sidewalls. They would fit just with the spacing described in #1 above, but for now I’m leaving the 1.25” spacers on for wider track (mitigate rollover risk from lift) and because I think they look cool.

Product links and pics of the newly installed setup:

ADF 1.5” lift
Moog cam bolts
KYB Struts Plus
Titan hubcentric 1.25” wheel spacers
GFX TR12 17x9 wheels
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65/17 tires

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Plant

The roof rack and lights are custom/DIY, might do other posts depending on interest. Still working on chrome “delete.” Just completed installation so too soon to comment on ADF lift or KYB suspension.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
looken good.
i got the falken wildpeak trail and they fit great. Not lifted and went with the stock size. so no worries there.
wanted to black out the front grill but wifey said no.

·
Registered
2013 Highlander Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Agree with @Tarsun2, it looks great!

Curious about both if you're able to share, they really add to the look. Thanks!
Thanks. Here’s some info on the roof rack (metal DIY fun for non-welders!):

Feet:
3" x 3" x 0.1875" Aluminum Angle 6061-T6-Extruded Structural (Online Metals)
8 feet in rain ditches - 4 bolted into factory rack holes; 4 just weight-bearing / to keep pipe from flexing too much under load

Bars:
1.25" OD x 0.25" Wall x 0.75" ID Aluminum Round Tube 6061-T6-Extruded (Online Metals)

Connectors:
Kee Lite aluminum pipe fittings with stainless steel set screws - you can find them cheaper elsewhere but Simplified Building is cool.

Plant Grass Rectangle Grass family Terrestrial plant

Tableware Kitchen utensil Wood Cutlery Rectangle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille

Plant Motor vehicle Hood Tree Bumper

Plant Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Hood

Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Tree Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car

Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Pattern

The rack is very solid and quiet. Also have black pool noodle for paddle boards or whatever. I plan to add rigid wire mesh 2” squares all over except the sunroof for smaller/odd-shaped items and so my kids can climb up there and lay comfortably to look at the stars. Happy to decipher my chicken scratch and answer any questions. Note, wind fairing ended up different than drawn - the rest of it is pretty much as drawn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts