Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering in the front caliper spacing is the same on the 17 vs 20. Also has anyone done a 17 XSE front brake upgrade also.?

·
Registered
443 Posts
the 20 trd camry front calipers look very much like the 08+ highlander calipers painted. so i'm sure if you get the 08+ highlander dual piston calipers, rotors and paint the calipers red it should be identical.

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
638 Posts
Yes, the caliper looks identical but bracket might be different. You can buy 08 highlander calipers, brackets, pads and rotors and they will fit directly on your 2017. I did it on my 2016 and they work great. It's a budget big brake upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would think that the F/R brake force distribution would be carefully calibrated for minimum traction loss and tire wear, so wouldn't installing calipers with more piston area upset that balance?

Not to mention that the ABS and or SC is also likely calibrated to suit the stock setup(?).

Maybe I'm wrong for the situation (extended hard braking) where the stock calipers/pads fail to hold up their end of the bargain, but in general shouldn't there be some kind of re-calibration to go with a caliper swap?

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
638 Posts
Not sure, you might be right but I have had this setup for a year and a half and no issues. I drive about 28k a year and have been in many different braking situations. I believe abs system corrects for this. You not always have identical traction under all 4 wheels. Tire traction changes depending on situation and how the body of the car rolls.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts