Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought my '93 3vzfe camry and the key has 1 button on the side for unlock/lock but the button broke off from previous owner.
I want to install just an aftermarket remote and fit it to the existing central locking as a replacement key is around AU$350
Now I need a wiring diagram where to connect this aftermarket unit.

Thanks in advance.

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
You can use this website:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/2037.html
12volt has a lot of wiring info for a lot of cars, I used this website for my aftermarket security system install on my '95. Just wanna let you know it took me a couple of hours to do, and take your time, don't rush into things....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

on the side, I've never opened my camry's door
how do you remove the door trim?
I know the obvious bolts around the trim but how about the window/lock switches?
Cheers

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Thanks

I know the obvious bolts around the trim but how about the window/lock switches?
Cheers
when you open the door there are screws on the side and clips on the bottom, also there are screws behind the handle with the lock and in the bigger door handle

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
Thanks

Cheers
when you open the door there are screws on the side and clips on the bottom, also there are screws behind the handle with the lock and in the bigger door handle
Make sure you remove everything camryv6xle mentionned, there are 2 clips on 1 end of the door, there are two small phillips head crews on the other end covered by 2 pieces of trim, when you open the door, you should see them in the sector that is covered when the door is closed, there are 2 crews in the "Big handle" so to speak, both are obvious. there is another screw covered by a piece of trim in the magazine tray. Also, you will have to remove the trim around the door handle. Be VERY VERY VERY careful, when removing this piece of trim. You will need a flat head screwdriver, insert it right between the bezel and the lock indicator thingy(for lack of a better name), push up, do the same for the mirror location on the bottom of the bezel(below the fulcrum of the door handle, between the bezel, and pull out one side at a time. You'll probably want to start with the bottom one, cause I remember that was where i started with all 4 panels when I removed them. I hope I haven't posted this too late! Hehe anyways good luck ;) It was fun when I did it...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank god for that post as I havent started it yet, that will help me a lot!
just lost the remote I bought before for my other car, now I might be getting a new one.
Thanks for the replies

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
Thank god for that post as I havent started it yet, that will help me a lot!
just lost the remote I bought before for my other car, now I might be getting a new one.
Thanks for the replies
No problem, just watch out for the trim pieces that cover the aformentioned phillips heads screws as they are rather sensitive, I broke 1 off taking off the door panel back in the day...:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts