Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a bov in for my mkiii. anyone here ever install one b4? my car is at home and im at my friends house where the part came in at. just wondering if someone can tell me how it goes on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
which BOV? some come with pipes that replace one of the stock ones.
other bov's can be made to work with some simple heater hose.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Why are you going with some no-name aftermarket BOV? There is no performance increase, and with a unit like that there's no guarentee on any "cool sound" either. and actually on most near stock Supras it will cause them to stall unless plumbed back into the intake piping (post-MAF).

Besides those facts, I'm looking at those photos (and they suck) and I'm not seeing all the needed stuff.

I.E. For a BOV you need 3 things.
1) Pressurized side of the BOV
2) Outlet
3) Signal Line

I'm not seeing all those things, unless those shiny holes are the outlets..

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Ah, so I was right. The bottom is the pressurized, the top is signal and it ONLY vents to atmosphere.

As for the stock BOV.. Many people push much more than 8psi on them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i kno but i wanted a different one. and i need a new boosy gauge so i can open the boost a little. i want a ebc instead of an mbc though lol but hell it came on the car so i cant complain to much.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Have you had any issues with stalling yet?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nuh uh i got i on and it works fine i can even sit in a parkin lot and rev my engine and it blows off lol. my ex gf was lookin under the hood when i revved it and started trippin when she saw it open to release the pressure. but im kinda curious as to how i installed it. bc i installed it like they have it installed in tht picture. now im wondering if i should have it so tht the base of the BOV is connected to the accordian pipe instead of conected back to the intake man.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
1) You can't build more than about .75psi revving it in neutral.
2) What are you talking about? You can't attach that back into the intake pipe. The end you plugged in, has to be pressurized. However, due to the design of that BOV you can't re-route the vented air back into the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts