Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
rapsux2000 said:
Yes it would. They will help you with top end power though. Most exhaust mods decrease back pressure and take away from low end torque. They also won't help you much unless you're boosted.
That's not true. All headers do not take away from the low end. But the ones that significantly improve the top end usually do sacrifice a little low rpm driveability.

Also, a header(or headers if you are a V6) combined with Intake and exhaust do make significant gains. On some cars like the Acura CL-S, gains of up to like 20whp can be seen.

I know a 2nd gen Camry in Australia gained alomst 20 hp from K & N panel filter, Genie Header, and 2 inch custom exhaust. This was dyno proven. The thread is on here somwhere if you search for it.

As for Pacesetter, I wouldn't waste the money. I would buy a Genie Header even though you will have to wait for it.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
i have had pacesetter headers on 2 cars, and 1 warped so bad it had to be sent back because it wouldnt seal, and the other rusted through in about 2 years.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i do happen to get headers, would it be alright to just get headers now and the exhaust a little later? i already have an intake.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
jayjay86 said:
If i do happen to get headers, would it be alright to just get headers now and the exhaust a little later? i already have an intake.
Yes. Do what you can afford. It's not like it will negatively affect the car if you don't have an exhaust. By the way, if you have a 4 cyl(which I figure you do) then you will be getting a header, not "headers". You only get headers when you have a V6 or some type of engine with more than one bank of cylinders.

·
Registered
764 Posts
oh and if you get chrome headers and you install it yourself, make sure you clean it with paint solvent on a rag, cause your finger prints will leave nice blue marks on the headers once you fire up the car

By the way, if you do a little search in your area, im sure you can find places that will bend you a 2 inch exhaust for around 150$ US

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
2nd Gen 3S-GE comes with a sexy 4-2-1 header straight from the factory :D
Why not ceramic coated? It looks less ricey than chrome, doesnt turn blue and keeps under the hood temps lower

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
With the right tool like an impact wrench, couple hours. As long as it fit and you don't need to mod anything.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
remember to soak the bolts down with penetrating spray a little while before you remove them so they will come off easier!

·
King Dingaling
77 scottsdale 4X4
129 Posts
time depends on how much room you have in your engine compartment, more room=less time. I'd say about 2 hours, if you have a fridge in your garage, if you have to keep running back into the house to get more beer then add about 30 min. and I think you'll be pretty impressed with your rig when you do get your headers, its really a noticeable upgrade. IMHO headers are the cheapest "good" performance upgrade you can do.

good luck

·
Registered
764 Posts
the only good cheap performance upgrade is a boostcontroller and unless you are turbo, the only other way to get decent hp/$ is Juice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts