Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 mr2
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 mr2 n/a
i was wondering if i could install any type of cluster on my car or does it have to be a specific one from the same year mr2 non turbo or can it be from diffrent years and if it dosent matter if its turbo or not.
or can i get it from a celica or any other model?

·
Registered
1994 MR2 Turbo
120 Posts
93+ clusters use an electronic speed sensor whereas the 91-92 clusters use a mechanical speed sensor so they are not compatible. You will need a cluster out of a 91-92 NA if you want it to be bolt-on and keep the same indicated redline and top speed. A 91-92 Turbo cluster will work but your redline and top speed will be incorrect assuming you still have the NA drivetrain.

·
Registered
1991 mr2
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i still have the have the 91 n/a drivetrain.

this guys is giving me his from a 91-92 turbo

how about if i just wanna switch the temp gauge indicator from one to another would that work?

so what the rpm and speed would be diffrent than?

·
Registered
1994 MR2 Turbo
120 Posts
It appears the coolant temp gauge should swap but I haven't tried it so I cannot say for sure. The rpm and speed will read the same however the Turbo models have a higher indicated redline (7200 rpm vs 6200 rpm) and the speedometer on the Turbo goes to 160 mph. If that does not bother you then you should be able to just bolt it right in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts