Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you pay attention to your car insurance and read the details. I was reading my renewal info this weekend and noticed the engine imobilizer is not listed. Apparently it doesn't automatically come up like ABS and air bags when they run the vehicle info.

Only saved me $8 over my 6-month policy, but the way they were asking about alarms and recovery options (like Lo-Jack) I would assume those options add even more discount with the imobilizer.

I'll take any money I can get back from them! :clap:

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
PiercedTiger said:
Not sure how many of you pay attention to your car insurance and read the details. I was reading my renewal info this weekend and noticed the engine imobilizer is not listed. Apparently it doesn't automatically come up like ABS and air bags when they run the vehicle info.

Only saved me $8 over my 6-month policy, but the way they were asking about alarms and recovery options (like Lo-Jack) I would assume those options add even more discount with the imobilizer.

I'll take any money I can get back from them! :clap:
Good call man.

Although I bitch everytime my rates go up, I have to take that back after seeing the check that I got from that dude's insurance company that backed into me. The amount they gave me was more than I pay in a 6 month time period, and it took the guy all but 5 seconds to do the damage. And to be completely honest, the damage done is really not that bad at all. I'm actually surprised at how much I got back.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodge said:
Good call man.

Although I bitch everytime my rates go up, I have to take that back after seeing the check that I got from that dude's insurance company that backed into me. The amount they gave me was more than I pay in a 6 month time period, and it took the guy all but 5 seconds to do the damage. And to be completely honest, the damage done is really not that bad at all. I'm actually surprised at how much I got back.
Thanks!

I bitch about the prices too, but even after a few accidents (minor bumps during the christmas season with every one driving nuts) it didn't go up much. In fact it was still $200 cheaper than Geico and they claim they can save you 15%! My rates would have to go up $700 before I'd save the $500 they claim the "average" driver saves. :lol: I've thought about calling them and laughing at them. :D

I have progessive, btw.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
PiercedTiger said:
Thanks!

I bitch about the prices too, but even after a few accidents (minor bumps during the christmas season with every one driving nuts) it didn't go up much. In fact it was still $200 cheaper than Geico and they claim they can save you 15%! My rates would have to go up $700 before I'd save the $500 they claim the "average" driver saves. :lol: I've thought about calling them and laughing at them. :D

I have progessive, btw.
Geico gave me the shaft too. They wanted me to pay $850/6 months for the truck and a seperate $1000 a year for my GSXR.

I have State Farm and I pay $136/month for both full coverage with $500 deductibles.

Geico is :weed: !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow you guys have cheap insurance. I pay over $3000 a year for mine just because im 23. No speeding tickets or accidents...

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
dctaco07 said:
wow you guys have cheap insurance. I pay over $3000 a year for mine just because im 23. No speeding tickets or accidents...
damn your insurance sucks! Im 23 and pay $1100 a year for full coverage

·
Why Chu Gotta Be A Douche
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
I'm 21yo and I pay over $10k a year with all the tickets and accidents I've gotten. I have allstate.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
TacomaKid06 said:
I'm 21yo and I pay over $10k a year with all the tickets and accidents I've gotten. I have allstate.
:wowza: you should just walk from now on

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
well on the insurance note: If you're a veteran or active service...make sure you use USAA, best deal ever!;)

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
BTW, in case your wondering my six mo premium for my 07 Taco 4x4 Off Road is $276.06 for full coverage $500 Deductible.

USAA ROCKS! :clap:

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
denvertaco07 said:
BTW, in case your wondering my six mo premium for my 07 Taco 4x4 Off Road is $276.06 for full coverage $500 Deductible.

USAA ROCKS! :clap:
I like a low rate just as much as everyone else, and I did low rate companies for a while (Hartford, AIG, etc.) but I didn't feel confident in them if an accident occured. Its nice knowing that I can go to any office at State Farm if something happens.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
All you guys with state farm should be cursing the idiot that hit me...he had State Farm. When your rates go up keep him in mind.

·
Registered
117 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
:wowza: you should just walk from now on
No please just stay home. haha :lol:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have state farm and I only pay $516 a year to insure my XRunner and 600 a year to insure the other taco

·
Go Hokies!
194 Posts
I'll stick up for geico - they saved me about $1350 a year when i switched from progressive, who's supposed to be good. from almost $1600/6months to $900/6 months.

i'm 21 and have had 1 accident so i dont think thats a bad deal.

also, my hometown is New Jersey, but i go to school in Virginia. When i lived in jersey i had a 1998 plymouth grand voyager (a minivan AKA soccer mom mobile AKA loser cruiser) and the insurance in jersey was MUCH more expensive for that, which i got $1800 for at trade in, than for a brand new almost $30000 taco that i opted to get insured in VA.

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
mhadden said:
I like a low rate just as much as everyone else, and I did low rate companies for a while (Hartford, AIG, etc.) but I didn't feel confident in them if an accident occured. Its nice knowing that I can go to any office at State Farm if something happens.
Are you a Veteran of the US armed forces? If you are, and haven't looked at them, i'd highly recommend it. They are not comparable to any "low rate" insurance company. It was started in 1922, I think by now they know how to process a claim. And they offer much much more than insurance...banking...etc, well anyway its not like I work for them or am trying to promote them or anything so just go check it out for yourself. Just trying to save the vets some cash thats all.:cool:

P.S.
Are you eligible?

USAA membership is a privilege earned by those in uniform — and it's a privilege that can be handed down to their children and grandchildren. Those eligible to join the association include:
  • Active duty officers and enlisted military personnel.
  • Former spouses and adult children of USAA members.
  • National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
  • Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
denvertaco07 said:
Are you a Veteran of the US armed forces? If you are, and haven't looked at them, i'd highly recommend it. They are not comparable to any "low rate" insurance company. It was started in 1922, I think by now they know how to process a claim. And they offer much much more than insurance...banking...etc, well anyway its not like I work for them or am trying to promote them or anything so just go check it out for yourself. Just trying to save the vets some cash thats all.:cool:

P.S.
Are you eligible?

USAA membership is a privilege earned by those in uniform — and it's a privilege that can be handed down to their children and grandchildren. Those eligible to join the association include:
  • Active duty officers and enlisted military personnel.
  • Former spouses and adult children of USAA members.
  • National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
  • Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
I actually looked at them myself for banking after a co-worker said how good they were and the crazy interest rate he was getting on a savings-type account. Unfortunatley I highly doubt my dad (a vet) has an account since he never has enough money to open a bank account. Also, it was weird when I tried applying. Tried from work and it had the option for children of Vets, but then when I tried from home I didn't see anything that I fit under to qualify. Either they changed their website at some point, or I didn't read the fine print. :lol: Either way I was kinda bummed out. The co-worker mention he was getting something like 9% on one of his accounts! :eek: Sure beats the 5% I'm getting on a 60 month IRA certificate, and that's the highest I've found so far.

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Tiger

I apologize, i guess you can't just be a veteran, though you may want to call them and ask. I'm not sure what they consider "Recently retired or serperated". But I'd definitly call them instead of just trying to do it online.

You may be eligible for membership.
  • Active duty officers and enlisted personnel.
  • National Guard, Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
  • Officer candidates in commissioning programs.
  • Recently retired or separated military personnel.
  • Children of USAA members.
  • Former USAA members.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts