Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed and was informed that my entire intake air filter was missing. I don't know how I didn't notice it.... but it's gone. Everything from the air flow meter to the left is missing. Now... do I just get an aftermarket intake... I would probably go HKS. Or is there somthing else I am going to need? It looks like the shop made a bracket to hold the AFM up in place... so I might have to change that to make the intake and filter fit. Should I go OEM? Or is just getting an aftermarket intake going to have all of the necessary parts?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
to fit the hks "mushroom" element..u will need the adapter..and that thing isn't cheap....try looking for a KN that will fit...it does the job..and is re-useable....u still need to find an adapter to fit it on though....

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this adapter? I think I am going to need piping and everything. After the AFM there is NOTHING? Doesn't an intake kit like this one http://www.autosportz.com/airintake_toyota_mr2_hks.htm

replace everything including the factory airbox? Or will I still need the adapter for that kit? How much is the adapter?

Will this attach strait to the AFM? Or is there some piping after the AFM? I would assume piping... but I'm not positve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts