Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently I bought an 03-04 corolla cold air intake from dashz racing. The brand of the intake is Spyder. The directions it came with were horrible, so me and my friend just went by what we knew and put it in ourself. It went smooth all up until it told us to replace a vacuum hose in the vehicles VSV. The directions didnt make it clear as to what hose to replace, and we noticed when removing the stock intake that right next to the throttle was a big hose about an inch give or take in diameter. this was going from the engine into the stock intake. There was a tiny hold in the aftermarket intake that the vacuum hose the kit gave me fit on perfect. We didnt know what to do so we just shoved the tiny hose into the big one near the throttle and attatched the other end to the aftermarket intake and started the car. The car ran fine we took it out for a test and everything was perfect. After a little driving, maybe ten miles, the check engine light went on. And now I'm stuck and have no ideas. Can anyone help?

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright this is the intake..

this is the hose in question the big one is coming from the engine, the smaller one is coming from the small hole in the new intake.

this is the other end of the small hose with the small hole in the new intake i just described

Here is the VSV unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I slightly lost throttle response today and had to pull over and restart my car.

·
A Sloppy Mechanic
2005 Corolla LE
896 Posts
the smaller hose should connect to the larger hose, see if a parts store like autozone, etc. have adapters or something so you can put them together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts