Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
camry 96
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any has a 5sfe gen camry please post a pic so i can see what it looks like and tell me what u think about it. i just ordered one and want to know how it does with the camry. estimated hp and torque improvements. thanks

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
just so you know bro, everyone is gonna tell you to expect no "real" gains from it, MAYBE a HP or 2... and probably some torque loss on a short ram... i don't know any camry that has ever taken the time to dyno a car before and after install, but really it adds more sound than anything else, unless you do a cold air extension, and even then i question how much gain you will get... again maybe a couple here and there... if you run searches on intakes, CAI, short ram, etc. you will get everybody's rants and raves - take what you want from it for truth or opinion :)

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
some reason everyone on this board is against short ram... i can understand it dosent give you the best power out of an intake, but then again it is a camry, if they made a cold air intake such as aem or any other brand i would pick it over a short ram, but they dont and im not into the look of ghetto rigging one to be a cold air...... but you will feel an improvement, the car will spin up to rpm quicker... i will post a pic of mine..... remeber once the intake is installed undo the battary for 60 secounds so the computer can reset its self. you dont wanna lean the motor out... good luck

·
Registered
785 Posts
This is what it looks like installed (in my car), theres a little bit of more torqe, but i only feel it between 1500-3500rpms....

with the rubbermaid thing i made right here, this really does help, it doesnt suck in as much engine heat in, which really sucks if you live in a hot area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts