Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,573 Posts
yeah they sell that on ebay for that $120 incl. shipping.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,573 Posts
yeah there is the Weapon R SECRET intake too........it's more expensive and supposedly gets "good HP gain" i dunno if that's true but there is restriction in the stock intake. something about "camry's are made to be quiet" because grandmas don't want to hear a loud intake

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
well think about it this way... you have your stock intake... the air comes up and goes through your stock tube into your intake filter box, then through that THICK filter into the intake and is forced through a rugged rubber intake hose, then through the air sensor then into your throttle body... if you get an air intake... it goes through your filter (very thin filter) into SMOOTH metal piping through your sensor and into your throttle body... you tell me... would that change anything?

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
You're not gonna gain anything noticeable from an intake unless you're force-induced. I pretty much gained nothing from my Injen SRI except for a wicked sound and a quicker throttle response (no more throttle lag). Thats about it.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
there is a gain in having a short ram intake or cold air intake but as white3chocolate said it isn't very noticeable if any but the throttle response is better

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,573 Posts
i read in some magazines that the SRIs were making like 5-7 hp gains on dynos at the high ends. then CAIS were making twice that at the high rpms of course.

like 192 @ 5200 RPMs they remeasured it at that end in an RSX. or something like that =O

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
You don't get any real horsepower gains from intakes. Your engine still combusts the air and fuel at the same rate that it did before. The ONLY noticeable gains that you will get from any intake is a faster throttle response. The only way to gain maybe 2hp (if that) is to adjust the a/f ratio with an safcII, and even then, you don't really need an intake to get those 2hp. Intake only provides gains if you are force induced. There's no way that you're going to get 15-20hp from an intake, no matter what you add to it.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,573 Posts
yeah and the way forced induced works is it takes the same amount of air used but it is condensed forcibly. so there is more oxygen in it? Nature condenses air naturally by it being cold........is that same basic idea? FIs condenses it more also right ? :confused:

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
yea they say you gain like 10-15 hp w/ intake but that is completely wrong...if anything 2 or 3 hp but w/ the intake you get a lot better throttle response and in the long run the intake will help:clap:

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
Electric supercharger.... pfft!! LMAO... :rice:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.