Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing alot of research and this thread here this guy explained so much and big thanks to him:

He installs this relay 82641-02151 (replacing 82641-02161 which does not support wireless lock/unlock) on his 2006 Matrix which when googling seems like the correct part for the matrix but not my 2008 corolla ce (I think).

I am searching around and I can't find the part number which goes to my 2008 corolla.

If anyone can point me in a direction to search I would appreciate it so much!

·
Various Toyotas
4,087 Posts
It depends on all the features your car has, like auto or manual trans, vehicle model code ZZE130 vs. ZZE132?, production origin (N.America, Japan), trim, body type, etc. It's a little tricky because you're asking for a part that did not originally come on your car, because you're trying to do a mod. I THINK you need this:

The vehicle options this part fits:
  • Production Date: 05/2005-
  • Fitting Vehicle Options: ZZE130.. NAP
2008 Toyota Corolla NAP-Sedan/Hatchback
United States Of America; Sedan; Automatic Transmission; 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
Filter results by vehicle options

Toyota Part No.: 82641-02131
RELAY, INTEGRATION
Toyota 82641-02131 RELAY, INTEGRATION

Part DescriptionRelay, Integration NO.1
W(KEY LESS ENTRY)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg thank you so much! and I just did the back research and figured out from the toyota parts website that it actually says W(key less entry) which I missed when looking at the various part number details page.

Yes I have the exact model you assumed I did, my fault for not being specific enough. You are the best ty ty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John can I ask you one last thing just because of something I have been reading. I read on these forums and others how if your toyota locks itself while going from park to drive, then you car is equipped with the correct receiver and integration relay. (maybe I misread it in places which is also a possibility)

My car does exactly that.

My car has the 82641-02141 relay and not the 82641-02131 and of course on the product page it does not have notes about "keyless"

So I'm guessing I read things incorrectly today and my car for sure does not have the correct relay.

·
Various Toyotas
4,087 Posts
I don't have keyless entry, so I don't personally have experience with the car locking itself while going from P to D. With all the problems that people have with keyless entry (along with alarm systems) I don't want it. Too much grief and just something else to go wrong and cause problems.

Well, your car does have the correct relay, but you want to do a mod, which requires using a different relay which supports the mod you want. It should be the relay I showed in my previous post. Good luck. Let us all know how it turns out. I suppose it is a pretty cool mod to do as most people (except for unusual me) would like to have that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks John! And for the record I did have it wrong. The correct things people are saying is, if you want to add a keyless entry system into a corolla it is MUCH easier and you will not face problems if your car locks itself when going from P to D.

As opposed to if you had a totally manual windows, manual lock corolla then even the relay upgrade you will still face many other problems (people keep saying).

I just purchased it today with your help John, thank you so much and I will post back.

I did make a new thread about the relay removal just because I think other people might have to remove it besides having to do with a keyless system installation. I think I will be able to figure out a way to remove it without removing the whole lower dash which is not easy at all. Maybe the threads should be merged, I'm not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts