Toyota Nation Forum banner

Options... pay attention to option 4.

• I will buy headers for the gen 3 1mz!!!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I might be interested in the headers...

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No, i am not interested. thanks for asking.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I DONT DRIVE A 1mz gen 3 camry!!!

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shiftgate performance is thinking about producing a line of gen 3 1mz v6 headers. JP already makes headers for the gen 4+ and solara 1mz motor, but not for gen 3. this poll will help us gauge intrest and see wether or not ben will end up making these. JP's set is shown here... http://jpperformancellc.com/camsolheaders.html
those are 1600 bones. anyone want to pay that much? didnt think so... if shiftgate makes them they will be cheaper. im not sure what kind of price we will be looking at, but that all depends on if we do them. please post only if you are interested.

·
Dthepit
91 Posts
I would love to get a set of headers, it would give me a completely free flowing exhaust, but it would really depend on the cost. At least Shiftgate is in Canada, that would help save on shipping for me. :D

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Any chance SGP will be picking up where Borla left off and make some 3VZ headers?:D I would definetly buy some. I don't know if I could drop in a 1mz or not....

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shiftgate IS making a free flowing cat-back system for the 1mz already. Anyone else want a new y-pipe??? lets get some interest and then we will talk about production.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ thats why i have option 4 on the vote... cause everyone likes to vote in polls, and if they cant affect the total outcome of the vote, then option 4 is available.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
depending on how much gain from the y pipe and the cost i would be in for one headers maybe a year or 2 from now

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
Hmmm... I'd love a set for my Gen 4 that DON'T COST 1600 FRIGGIN DOLLARS! Guess I can cross that mod off the wish list for now...

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Marv and Lil' Italian: If you're really interested, there was an attempt to get a GB with 20% off over at SolaraGuy

I'm not sure what the latest news it though. The topic kinda died.

Not trying to crap on your thread Zoni, just trying to help the guys out.

Support SGP in their efforts to get Camry parts :)

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all good phi. 20% off isnt bad, they should do that group buy...

i think the gen 3 and gen 4 1mz headers and y pipe should be interchangable... as long as the differences in CAT are addressed...

phi, by the way, how are those brake lines workin out? they are a bitch to get on, but cool once you get them on...

we wont be doing the NA headers until the kits are out though... and coilovers are coming soon too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Zoni_Camry said:
we wont be doing the NA headers until the kits are out though
well headers and a y pipe would be great to get out before the turbo kit because its an item we need to run the kit itself. i would love to have a free flowing exhaust BEFORE i buy a turbo kit. otherwise the turbo kit wont be as useful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts