Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I am new here but I want to jump right in. I have a 96 camry and will be changing the color scheme of my interior. My only problem is that I'm not sure which I prefer nor which is more durable. I want it to look good but also last. So, I want anyone with an opinion on this to please post. Do you think fiberglassing or dyeing the dash and trim is better. If fiberglass, which seems to be the best? If dye which is the best? It sems to me that most people recomend SEM. Any reply's will be helpful. :)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
i,m using sem and it works goo for me,but if you get a good scrach the old color comes thru:thumbdown good thing is you can just paint over :thumbup: glassing is a pain in the ass if you never done it or dont have all the right tools,i say paint it.any ideas on the colors you are going?i'm going white with blue

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, like I said thanks for any and all post. I'll take all of it into consideration before I make my final decission. So, what I get so far is that dyeing will rub off or scratch real easy, and fiberglassing is hard and time consuming. But lets say I have someone that will do the fiberglassing for me, and can do a very good quality job. Would you still say stay away from fiberglass? Also how hard is wrapping your dash and trim?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.