Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just replaced mine about 10 minutes ago Looks pretty good , Im waiting on the festoon bulb to come in hopefully tuesday. Im going to change the reverse light to led , i dont think i want to change the running/brake light

·
Registered
554 Posts
I replaced all my interior lights ...

I replace all my interior lights got the from Amazon SpeedShop for $6.49+ $6.00 shipping, 10 bulbs made by AGT. I see they may be up to $9.99.

I was thinking about replacing the back-up lights but it looks like V-Leds wants $50 for 2 plus shipping. There is a post on the 5-6 Generation on 03/10/2011 forum that show all that was replaced on BluTorrent's car. Here is the invoice.

03-10-2011, 09:42 PM #3 (permalink) BluTorrent
new11owner

Gameroom cash: $26250
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusive
What kind of bulbs and from where? They look nice :thumbup:

here are the sizes on the invoice below, i got them all from v-led......but thnx man!!
it was $286.73 total with 15% off (subscribe to their newsletter and they give u 15% off, how simple is that?)
i actually got an extra set of 194_2_bhpf_w_6k on accident so jus subtract that

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my phone camera sucks, it doesn't do the LED interior lights justice whatsoever.

installing it was tough, it was my first time ever. i purchased AGT LED bulbs from SpeedShop on Amazon, shipping was super fast because I'm located a couple of cities away. sadly, there was a bulb where the contact ( + & - ) was twisted together -.-'' . that blew out my fuse 4 x . luckily my co-worker had spare 7.5A fuses >.> . i didn't even find out the contacts were twisted until i tested the LED bulb with a computer power supply, when i pushed the switch to turn it on, it sparked and blew out, i removed the cap and witnessed the two contacts being twisted together.

removing the map light was difficult in the beginning, especially because on the left map light, i pushed the black cap that the bulb was connected into off the green board it was secured upon, and it was a pain in the ass trying to get the black cap back onto the green board.

i'm not sure if your finger can fit but , you can use double sided tape, put it on each end of your chosen fingers to pull out the bulb, or use thin pliers and double sided tape to firmly grip the bulb, and pull down. i found it greatly easy for me.

other than that, everything went well. i have another camry se 2012 in the household, and when i changed those lights, it took me like 5 minutes because i had all the tools necessary and the experience. i also barely realized the SE wasn't the same thing as mine because I have a sunroof and this SE does not, now i have to purchase a festoon LED =P . thank you for posting a direct link to a festoon LED bulb on amazon !

for the the license plate lights, you can use a HEX screw driver, the smallest size? there are two hex holes on each end of the cover plate on the license plate, i used the right side hex hole on both cover license plate lights, and i was able to pop out the cover light easily, pull out the bulb and replace it without any level of stress. tested the LED before i put back the cover, and popped the covers back in.

anyone with a camry SE without sunroof , buy a festoon LED bulb not from ASIA yet?
this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/31mm-Festoon-White-DE3022-DE3175/dp/B004ZVXFZ2/[/ame] was suggested, how does that fit in your dome light?

if your black cap or bulb popped into your map light, maybe i can help you . let me know.

if you need pictures on how to pop out the license plate light covers, i can possibly take some photos showing how to pop it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys,

I have an SE w/o sunroof. All I need is map lights x2, door lights x2, license plate lights x2, and trunk light x1 for a total of 7 LED lights (plus festoon bulb x1 for dome)? Is this correct? SE w/o sunroof does not have vanity lights, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi guys,

I have an SE w/o sunroof. All I need is map lights x2, door lights x2, license plate lights x2, and trunk light x1 for a total of 7 LED lights (plus festoon bulb x1 for dome)? Is this correct? SE w/o sunroof does not have vanity lights, right?

Thanks!
Yes that is all

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the glovebox LED changeout, I'm having trouble getting the cap off at the rear of the housing where the two wires are coming out of. The whole unit is still dangling in my glove compartment. Any suggestions?

Sorry it took so long but here are some pics of the glovebox LED changeout

There is a cap on the rear of the housing, pull this off to reveal 2 wires they are simply a push on type (similar to a telephone connection)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
For the glovebox LED changeout, I'm having trouble getting the cap off at the rear of the housing where the two wires are coming out of. The whole unit is still dangling in my glove compartment. Any suggestions?
I just did that last night, and it was a real PITA. Felt like I was going to break something the whole time.

Getting the back cover off is the easy part. The front cover covering the LED was the real challenge for me.

1. Getting the back cover off: In the following picture -
- towards the wire end (top of picture) of the assembly, the tabs with square holes (seen in the picture) on both left and right side are what's holding the back cover on. I used a jewelers screwdriver to slowly pry those tabs away from the main body to get the cover off. The plastic is pretty strong, and hopefully you won't break anything even though it will feel like you might.

2. If you decide to try and take the cover off the LED, I found there was not enough slack on my power leads, so I slowly removed them first by lifting the wires up gently out of the slots pictures. Then I could work with the assembly out of the car. The are two small holes on the left and right side of the cover near the LED end that have tabs which need to be push in as part of releasing the LED cover, besides the obvious larger tabs you'll see which are visible towards the center of the assembly in the picture shown.

3. If you're going to put in a new LED, it needs to be a 3mm LED, unless you're going to modify the housing in a major way. The LED is not soldered it, it's held in by a friction connect (name??).

Hope that helps and good luck :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
my phone camera sucks, it doesn't do the LED interior lights justice whatsoever.

installing it was tough, it was my first time ever. i purchased AGT LED bulbs from SpeedShop on Amazon, shipping was super fast because I'm located a couple of cities away. sadly, there was a bulb where the contact ( + & - ) was twisted together -.-'' . that blew out my fuse 4 x . luckily my co-worker had spare 7.5A fuses >.> . i didn't even find out the contacts were twisted until i tested the LED bulb with a computer power supply, when i pushed the switch to turn it on, it sparked and blew out, i removed the cap and witnessed the two contacts being twisted together.

removing the map light was difficult in the beginning, especially because on the left map light, i pushed the black cap that the bulb was connected into off the green board it was secured upon, and it was a pain in the ass trying to get the black cap back onto the green board.

i'm not sure if your finger can fit but , you can use double sided tape, put it on each end of your chosen fingers to pull out the bulb, or use thin pliers and double sided tape to firmly grip the bulb, and pull down. i found it greatly easy for me.

other than that, everything went well. i have another camry se 2012 in the household, and when i changed those lights, it took me like 5 minutes because i had all the tools necessary and the experience. i also barely realized the SE wasn't the same thing as mine because I have a sunroof and this SE does not, now i have to purchase a festoon LED =P . thank you for posting a direct link to a festoon LED bulb on amazon !

for the the license plate lights, you can use a HEX screw driver, the smallest size? there are two hex holes on each end of the cover plate on the license plate, i used the right side hex hole on both cover license plate lights, and i was able to pop out the cover light easily, pull out the bulb and replace it without any level of stress. tested the LED before i put back the cover, and popped the covers back in.

anyone with a camry SE without sunroof , buy a festoon LED bulb not from ASIA yet?
this
http://www.amazon.com/31mm-Festoon-White-DE3022-DE3175/dp/B004ZVXFZ2/ was suggested, how does that fit in your dome light?

if your black cap or bulb popped into your map light, maybe i can help you . let me know.

if you need pictures on how to pop out the license plate light covers, i can possibly take some photos showing how to pop it out.
I could use some photos of how to pop out the license plate light cover. I am using a small allen key wrench (hex wrench) as shown in the Camry Manual. I have tried a few times but they are not popping out and I am afraid to force it after reading how some people have broken this piece.

What is the correct technique? Do I push in and then pull to the outside and then up? Or....?

·
Registered
93 Posts
2012 Camry Se v6 W/Sunroof

Hey all this may be a dumb question but i have a 2012 Camry Se v6 W/Sunroof and want to do all interior leds but how do i know which led's are brighter and will fit i also want bright ones for the reverse lights and license plates thanks...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can someone help me get with the license plate lights? i ordered them but the problem is i can't get the license plate fixtures out.. i disconnected them but i can't pull them out? anyone wanna do a harsh video or something really quick?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I could use some photos of how to pop out the license plate light cover. I am using a small allen key wrench (hex wrench) as shown in the Camry Manual. I have tried a few times but they are not popping out and I am afraid to force it after reading how some people have broken this piece.

What is the correct technique? Do I push in and then pull to the outside and then up? Or....?

at the moment, i don't have the correct tool to take a picture and show you. but just insert the small allen key into the hole, and angle the allen key so that the cover pops outwards from the side. either left or right.

i will post something ASAP to help

·
Registered
65 Posts
at the moment, i don't have the correct tool to take a picture and show you. but just insert the small allen key into the hole, and angle the allen key so that the cover pops outwards from the side. either left or right.

thanks i will be waiting for your reply.

·
Registered
554 Posts

I am pretty sure there is a picture of this procedure in the manual. Page 402. There are pictures but below is the verbiage.

■ License plate light
Remove the lens.
Insert a properly sized Allen key
into the hole of the lens, and pry
off the lens as shown in the illustration.
To prevent damaging the vehicle,
wrap the tip of the Allen key with
a tape.
Remove the light bulb.

·
Registered
554 Posts

I am pretty sure there is a picture of this procedure in the manual. Page 402. There are pictures but below is the verbiage.

■ License plate light
Remove the lens.
a tape.
Remove the light bulb.

Also, I found a thread the shows that you take out the lens. It is pretty tight in there and you have to remove the trunk liner to get to it. That's the method I used before I saw this allen key one.

·
Registered
65 Posts

■ License plate light
Remove the lens.
a tape.
Remove the light bulb.

Also, I found a thread the shows that you take out the lens. It is pretty tight in there and you have to remove the trunk liner to get to it. That's the method I used before I saw this allen key one.
I just looked there is no place to put an allen key..?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just changed out my bulbs for the LED's from Speed Shop (geniue AGT bulbs) on amazon. What a difference! Super Bright White Light...interior and tail lights and I think it makes the entire ride look upscale.

Big Props to H9alyman on the great pictures and instructions. I used the instructions in the owner manual for the taillight (was easier then removing the trunk liner)!

Looking forward to doing HID next!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
nijaaishh, the holes are on either side (right or left) on the clear lens. It's not allen wrench shaped, it is just a round hole that an allen wrench can fit in. Just follow the instructions posted in the above post and owner manual and it will pop right off.

HTH,
CT

·
Registered
65 Posts
nijaaishh, the holes are on either side (right or left) on the clear lens. It's not allen wrench shaped, it is just a round hole that an allen wrench can fit in. Just follow the instructions posted in the above post and owner manual and it will pop right off.

HTH,
CT
has anyone actually done this? seems alot easier said than done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ninjaaishh, I did that for mine and no issues. Wasn't all that hard. As pointed out in other threads you can use any tool that fits into the hole..I think they have you use allen wrench due to the angle.

101 - 120 of 401 Posts