Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Amazon.com

Make sure you click on the link for YupbizAuto, I bought 3 packs shipped for $20

I also bought from amazon for 2.29 with free shipping, first want to see hows their quality so first time I bought 4pc then after that bought another 8 pcs more with same price 2.29 each 4pc pack....so, got 12pc 5-SMD leds Bulb just only for $6.87....also just found that they are on sale again for only $2.00 from same seller when I bought for $2.29....here is link

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
They also have 15 smd bulbs, but they won't fit in the plastic cage (cover). You can just cut off the cover or leave it open and it will work.
Can you give me a link to the 15 smd bulb you mentioned? With all these numbers for LED's (T10/T15/T20, 912 194, 921 912, 2825, etc.), I'm not sure what is what and which will fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was doing my interior led mods a few minutes ago and I got the map lights in and working in about two minutes. Moved to the drivers side door and got that led in also. When I tried to test that led none of the three I had installed would come back on.......:wtf:

UPDATE. Just went out to check out the car again and noticed that my dash lights come up to full brightness slowly and my clock now say 1 o'clock....... Anybody now which fuse I need to replace or why blew out?

·
Mr D
75 Posts
I did all my interior including dome light for my 2012 Camry SE. I purchased all my 5 smd and festoon from YupBizAuto on Amazon. The colors all matched. To get the Festoon to lay flat in the dome light, I put some 220 grit sandpaper down on a flat surface and then sanded the edge of the festoon as close as I dared to the connectors. Did the same to the other edge and Festoon Fits!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Was doing my interior led mods a few minutes ago and I got the map lights in and working in about two minutes. Moved to the drivers side door and got that led in also. When I tried to test that led none of the three I had installed would come back on.......:wtf:

UPDATE. Just went out to check out the car again and noticed that my dash lights come up to full brightness slowly and my clock now say 1 o'clock....... Anybody now which fuse I need to replace or why blew out?
Probably #36 (under the hood). It's a Low Profile 7.5 amp. I blew the same one---O'Reilly's was the only place I could find one (on a Sunday).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Probably #36 (under the hood). It's a Low Profile 7.5 amp. I blew the same one---O'Reilly's was the only place I could find one (on a Sunday).
Replaced it when I got to work this morning and all of the lights work except the door light ( drivers side) and the map light ( rear drivers side).......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Replaced it when I got to work this morning and all of the lights work except the door light ( drivers side) and the map light ( rear drivers side).......
All led's are working now but my clock in the car only keeps time while I have the ignition on. When I blew the fuse the clock reset to 1:00.

·
Registered
548 Posts
just to clarify, your clock resets every time you turn the car off ?

If you did any "wiring" you may want to double check your work. If you just replaced your bulbs and this is happening, then you have a bad bulb or a short somewhere.

Either way something is wrong......

·
Registered
62 Posts
just to clarify, your clock resets every time you turn the car off ?

If you did any "wiring" you may want to double check your work. If you just replaced your bulbs and this is happening, then you have a bad bulb or a short somewhere.

Either way something is wrong......
Switched out a bulb and clock is staying set.........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did my interior leds yesterday. I must admit, I was very unsure if I wanted to mess around with this myself. My wifes car is all stock and she isn't much for upgrades. I will say this if anyone is on the fence about doing this trust me DO IT. It was very simple to do. It took me less than half an hour to do all lights including the license plate lights. Had no problems at all very easy, and the results are INCREDIBLE it makes the inside look awesome. Trust me if my wife loves it (she hates it when I mess with HER baby) everyone will love it!!! Such a cheap upgrade with incredible results!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I switched mine and love how it looks. I'm having an issues with one of my license plate lights. It keeps going on and off. I switched the the bulbs but it's still doing it. I think it's the mount itself. Going to take out the LEDs and try it with the OEM bulbs and see what happens. Inside looks great and so does the trunk. You can actually see in there at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Messed Up Replacing Interior Lights

Hey guys,

I was following this thread for a while and just got my LED bulbs in the mail yesterday. Tonight I was attempting to put the bulbs in when I messed up. The ones in the door went great, but then when I tried the Driver side map light, I was having a really hard time pulling the stock bulb out. I actually ended up pushing the light and socket up into the car and now it will not work at all. I was able to fish the light bulb back down through the opening but it still isn't secure and still won't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I JUST SPENT 22k ON MY CAMRY AND AM VERY UPSET I MESSED UP THIS SIMPLE DIY!!
:(

·
Happy TN user
194 Posts
Hey guys,

I was following this thread for a while and just got my LED bulbs in the mail yesterday. Tonight I was attempting to put the bulbs in when I messed up. The ones in the door went great, but then when I tried the Driver side map light, I was having a really hard time pulling the stock bulb out. I actually ended up pushing the light and socket up into the car and now it will not work at all. I was able to fish the light bulb back down through the opening but it still isn't secure and still won't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I JUST SPENT 22k ON MY CAMRY AND AM VERY UPSET I MESSED UP THIS SIMPLE DIY!!
Ha, join the club. I pulled my map light assembly down on my '09 Corolla S when this happened to put the socket back in place properly. Remember it may have to be put back in place a certain position to function again, as in it is polar sensitive.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
So as a heads up:

I replaced my Shifting bulb with a LED White T5 bulb, it didn't turn out as bright as i hoped it would... I didn't think of it at the time, but I might have had my dash 'dimmed' at the time, causing it to be dimmer than i expected (will check that tonight). Either that or i need to get a different bulb type.

Either way tho it was plug and play and works nicely :) Yet another incandescent bulb gone away!

So, shifter Light a T5 bulb will fit into:) ^^

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well after reading the first few pages I went ahead and ordered from the link provided...But after continuing to read it appears I should've specified the seller and AGT bulbs?

DId I order the wrong ones? I used this link:

The seller was Zero Gravity77
They were 4 for 3.25 plus free s/h so my total was only 10 bucks.
4x 194 168 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb by [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_automotive?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=CAR%20ACCESSORY&node=15684181"]CAR ACCESSORY[/ame]

Are these still correct???

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well after reading the first few pages I went ahead and ordered from the link provided...But after continuing to read it appears I should've specified the seller and AGT bulbs?

DId I order the wrong ones? I used this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047RV8WG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

4x 194 168 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb by CAR ACCESSORY

from the Hybrid (TCH) threads here is the ones I used:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/2825-5-SMD-White-Power-Lights/dp/B005ETCIO8/[/ame]

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/105-camry-hybrid/414986-so-i-replaced-couple-interior-bulbs-today.html

·
Knight Rider
45 Posts

DId I order the wrong ones? I used this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047RV8WG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

4x 194 168 5-SMD White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb by CAR ACCESSORY

Those are the same ones I ordered but it looks like you got a better deal. There are 11 lights to be replaced in the 2012 Camry so you will have one extra.

·
Knight Rider
45 Posts
Hey guys,

I had some trouble with the map light as well, it is the most difficult to get out of all the stock bulbs in the car. If you have thick fingers it will definitely be more difficult. I used a latex glove to get a better grip on the bulb itself and was able to slide it out.

161 - 180 of 401 Posts
About this Discussion
400 Replies
144 Participants
CorollaPants
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing