Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Camry LE I4 Auto
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't for the life of me find these "step/courtesy light" location in a 97 Camry LE 2.2 L auto. I bought the car and it had 0 interior lights so I've been switching them out. I see a website that says the step lights are 3057 but I can't locate them. Any advice would be great.

Also what is the button on the shift panel for? Trac control? My button has a cover over it but when I pop that cover off its a pressable tactile button.

·
Super Moderator
13,141 Posts
I'm not sure, but perhaps the "step/courtesy" lights are the ones on the door on the Gen3 (1992-1996)? Looking at pics of a '97's doors online, I don't see one.

·
Registered
97 Camry LE I4 Auto
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds plausible. The gen 4 doors have 0 step light, only lights on door are the 'auto' window button backlight. I've looked on both side kick panels, under dash and can't locate a bulb (admittedly it's cold out so I didn't do a proper search).

·
Registered
Toyotas.
351 Posts
There are no door lights on '97 - '01. The only interior lights are the forward map light (with sunroof, NOT triggered by door switch) and the center roof light unit (door triggered). That's it. XLEs might have forward 'vanity' lights (shows in electrical diagram, not door triggered), but CE and LE do not (unless with sunroof).

Button on shifter escutcheon is to release parking lock in case of no power or solenoid failure.

·
Registered
97 Camry LE I4 Auto
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wiring in some 194 wedge sockets for under the two front dash areas for now. Found some trunk light cages and sockets at wrecking yard so I'm using those to wire them into the done light circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts