Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a way to help reduce the amount of interior trim rattling noise? The door panels, front dash board, rear deck are always making clacking/clicking noises and drives me bananas lol. I know the colder weather makes it worse, but still seems excessive even if the car is 6 years old. I feel my 2005 Corolla of old was put together much better, and perhaps used better more solid materials?
Any suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
232 Posts
For the longest time, I had what I thought was a rattle in both the rear door panels. As it turns out, it was the rear passenger cup holder. Noise locations can be deceiving. I just fixed it last week by applying some adhesive backed felt to the inside contact points on the top of the main pull out panel. After a week in cold weather, dead silence. Also, if you remove the glove box and grab the passenger side upper vent duct, you'll feel that it's loose. To solve that, I cut a piece of pipe insulation and placed it between the duct and body as wedge to add tension. Another cheap fix. That was 3 years ago. Amazing..... after 7 years no more rattles. Time to sell it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts