Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 1986 Toyota Cressida will start up fine but then "sometime" if I let it sit idle too long it started to miss, rough idle and loss probably half the power. It will get back to normal again if I park it for day or two. Car is not overheat in anyway and it's well maintained. I wonder if certain sensor get too hot while car at idle. When the engine is acting up I can smell excessive unburned gas from tail pipe. I like trying to fix this problem myself since I don't have time to take it to auto shop. Sorry for cross posting I know this is Supra forum but it's practically almost the same car. Thank you.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried jump E1-T1 like manual said but I didn't see any code. Engine light also did not lit up when the problem happened. Brought it to shop once but they want me to park there overnight and wait for my turn. I'll be going away for 3-4 days to works and won't be reading any of the thread. Cool site, thanks.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
I was going to suggest that you pull the Negative battery cable off the battery for ~10 minutes rather than wait several days next time.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
It's a plausible/fitting explanation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts