Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 2002 Camry 4cyl Auto that will not start if left in the sun. I have replaced battery, starter, starter relay, and cleaned neutral safety switch (also tried moving shifter in Park position). Dealer ran diagnostic and could not find problem, so he suggested replacing the starter (which I did). Started fine until it sat in sun all day and now it will not start. Open to any suggestions.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2005 Avalon Limited
3,224 Posts
is it a crank no start? or does it not even crank?

·
07 Camry I4
07 Toyota Camry LE
222 Posts
I wonder if it could be ignition switch...i remember reading about this, as a friend of mine was having the same problem. He ended up replacing the ignition switch and the problem was solved, no more having to wait for the car to cool down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you may be right. It is about the only moving part that I have not change. I tried turning on my heat to see if I could duplicate but no luck. It may need to be a radiant type heat to cause the problem. I will change the switch and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:clap:I finally found out what it is. It was the Dealer Installed Security System malfunctioning. :headbang: The small black circuit board holder that is attached under the dash with two screws was warping slightly when the vehicle warmed up. This made it think the "electronic key" had been removed (only guessing). I sprayed it with "dust-off", which cooled it and it started. I called the original dealer who installed it and was told to just remove it. I did and the car would not start. I put it back on, and it still would not start. I squeezed it while turning the key and it started. Dealer has agreed to remove it for nothing. Thank you to all who looked at the problem and especially those who attempted an solution.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts