Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are dozens of threads concerning vibrations after lifting. However this is different than the rest. I do not have a vibration upon startup or a constant vibration at any given speed. What I do have is an intermittent vibration. What I mean is that as I am cruising at any given speed, every few seconds, I get a vibration for a fraction of a second. It also seems that the vibration occasionally goes away. I don’t know why or how that is even possible. Any Ideas?

Setup:
OME 884s
Alcan AAL
OME Nitrochargers on all 4 corners
Front Diff Drop
2 ½ Rear shims

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Crap dude, you got me... Bump steer? is it coming through the steering wheel? if not, you got me..

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, steering wheel is perfectly smooth after the alignment.
I can hear it & feel it in the pedal. Not loud & vibration is very slight, but just enouch to piss me off.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the lift a couple of months ago and I probably put about 1,000 miles on the new suspension before having the camber adjustment. I think the vibration may be coming from the front passenger side tire and it almost reminds me of the vibration you get as a wheel bearing starts to go, but in a lesser degree. Maybe driving the truck for so long without the camber adjustment put some undue stress on the bearing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
bizzare vibs

hey sr5 2006,

I have a 06 and I'm experiencing the same problem. Its real bizzare, the vibrations are on and off. Very random. Every couple seconds there is a hum. Then it sometimes is constant. Then after the next stop it will go away. Let me know if you had figured anything out.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
The instant you get the vibe, turn the steering wheel a quarter turn....report back afterwards and tell us if the vibe immediately, gets worse, quits or not.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
n9emz said:
The instant you get the vibe, turn the steering wheel a quarter turn....report back afterwards and tell us if the vibe immediately, gets worse, quits or not.
You mean after he gets out of the "ER" from the head-on he's gonna have??:dunno: :naughty: :D

·
Registered
DC Tacoma
114 Posts
Hmm.. Odd. The only vibration that I know of that sounds like that could be a harmonic of the body of the truck. It's just the right weight and the wind is blowing against the truck in a certain way that makes the body vibrate.

Only other thing I can think of that sounds remotly like that is maybe your ABS system is coming on when it shouldn't be. Usually the hum/vibration that you feel in the pedal but not the wheel has to do with the ABS pump kicking in.

I may be way off.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
toku58 said:
You mean after he gets out of the "ER" from the head-on he's gonna have??
You want to help or make the funnay, Brian?

Edited out the other bullshit I had for you on first impulse.:gfy:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
n9emz said:
You want to help or make the funnay, Brian?

Edited out the other bullshit I had for you on first impulse.:gfy:
Take it easy! Tough Guy!!
How about you try going down the road at 70 mph and turning your wheel a quarter turn??
What do you think will happen???

So don't get your panties in a bunch if I find humor in your advice!!:slap:

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
toku58 said:
Take it easy! Tough Guy!!
How about you try going down the road at 70 mph and turning your wheel a quarter turn??
What do you think will happen???

So don't get your panties in a bunch if I find humor in your advice!!:slap:

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
tacoma2006 said:
hey its early inthe morning the old guy is grumpy and hasnt had his coffee
Actually, you ain't far off the mark. I'm at the end of a 16-hour shift and haven't had my Jim Beam. That situation's gonna change within the hour.
:D

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
n9emz said:
Actually, you ain't far off the mark. I'm at the end of a 16-hour shift and haven't had my Jim Beam. That situation's gonna change within the hour.
:D
That's cool man? Try not to take thing so Negatively here. This is not the other forum!

No one here (Myself especially) Will intentionally make a personal attack towards any other member here on TN.

It was just the way you wrote your post that was sort of funny?:dunno:

So if I offended you? I appologize!

Your willingness to help others is appreciated!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

:respect:

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
I ain't mad and I wasn't offended....just real short on time. It gets rough sometimes, trying to webwheel and still get in enough work to justify another paycheck simultaneously. Squeaks, rattles, electrical shorts and vibrations are the tough ones to sort out....four ways to isolate the source of vibes....

But, sr5 apparently lost interest or figured it out so I can do something else with the relatively little bit of time I have left on this earth. And maybe get some work done.

I still love you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts