Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned several Toyotas, but am only now getting into the "scene". Ive been big into videogames, and like them, cars get rebranded as they cross the oceans. What are the Toyotas/Lexuses (Lexii?) called in different cotries? I know that The Camry is both Camry and Scepter in Japan, and the hatchback Tercel can be found in Europe as the Starlet, but what else. This is really interesting to me.

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
all i can think of off the top of my head is....:D

Kluger (Australia/Japan) = Highlander
Tarago (Australia) = Estima (Japan)

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
usdm Gen3 Camry Coupe and Wagon=jdm Scepter

usdmGen4 Camry Sedan (and wagon-jdm only)=jdm Grasia

usdm AE86 Corolla=jdm Tureno/Leven

usdm Lexus GS=jdm Toyota Aristo

usdm Lexus IS=jdm Toyota Alteza

usdm Lexus ES=jdm Toyota Windom

usdm Lexus SC=jdm Toyota Soarer

usdm Toyota Cressida=the older jdm Soarer and/or Chaser

usdm gen1 Avalon=jdm Camry Prominant

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
BLUEMEANIE said:
usdm Toyota Cressida=the older jdm Soarer and/or Chaser
usdm cressida = aussie chaser = jdm markII (you got to remember, the cressida we got here ONLY had one engine), there we had two options, the one that came std on markII was what you guys call cressida. the other smaller 4 banger engine was chaser.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
The Cressida isn't so much related to the Soarer, they're more like cousins, something along the lines of the relations of Cressida and Supra - same powertrain, yes, but different everything else.

The JDM Mark II "Sedan" (not the Hardtop models) would be the Cressida that the US and Australia got. Back "home", any engine you could get for the Chaser, you could get for the Mark II and Cresta. From the 105ish hp of the throttle-body fuel injected 4S-Fi to the 276hp fire-breathing 1JZ-GTE to the milder 1G-GTE. Or 1G-GZE. or 1G-GE. or 1G-FE. The list goes on, really :eek:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
BLUEMEANIE said:

usdm Lexus SC=jdm Toyota Soarer
Also comes as a Toyota Roarer (TT V8) in japan and Lexus Soarer in Australia

*edit* was lucky enough to drive my mates roarer... and let me tell u, they go pretty dam hard :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts