Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,419 Posts
The only thing I can see is that the left and right cambers are different, ideally they should be the same. Unfortunately they are not adjustable without using special eccentric bolts, which a lot of shops don’t stock. So they will tell you the camber is not adjustable. I would take the car back to the alignment shop and tell them to get it right.

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
3,851 Posts
Besides the alignment which looks to be in spec ask them to check other possibilities such as brake/steering/suspension/ wheel bearing/tire pressure.
Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I can see is that the left and right toes are different, ideally they should be the same. Amd the cambers are different also, but unfortunately they are not adjustable without using special bolts. I Would take the car back to the alignment shop and tell them to get it right.
Camber is adjustble cuz there is 2 bolts on the bottom on the strut I think

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can someone interpret these results? Car still pulls to the left and when I make the wheel straight it pulls more. It’s a 2009 camry. Tires are brand new all the way around View attachment 385697
The unbalanced Front cambers between Left (-0.60°) and Right (-1.10°) is inducing the Pull Left phenomenon, assuming the unknown Front casters and tires are non-issue for now.

The front cambers are adjustable with Toyota bolts (of differing part #s) or after market eccentric camber bolts.

Tire (uneven) wear wise at front axle, you're likely to be able to get away with it by doing nothing other than Pull Left irritation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The unbalanced Front cambers between Left (-0.60°) and Right (-1.10°) is inducing the Pull Left phenomenon, assuming the unknown Front casters and tires are non-issue for now.

The front cambers are adjustable with Toyota bolts (of differing part #s) or after market eccentric camber bolts.

Tire (uneven) wear wise at front axle, you're likely to be able to get away with it by doing nothing other than Pull Left irritation.
What do u mean by this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant to say uneven wear on front tires (between insides and outsides) are unlikely, without rectifying the Pull Left/unbalanced cambers at front not suggesting you should ignore it.
I dont even think the tech made the steering straight when doing the alignement so in that case, if we do it again and the steering is straight while doing the alignement, the toe angles will be off again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont even think the tech made the steering straight when doing the alignement so in that case, if we do it again and the steering is straight while doing the alignement, the toe angles will be off again.
You're probably right in suggesting the alignment tech didn't properly centre and straighten the steering wheel before making adjustments to front toes.

Having said this, any subsequent changes made to either or both sides of front camber(s) would upset present toes #s . This would require re-adjustment to either or both sides of front toes , again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is a 2 wheel alignment performed on these car or 4 wheel alignment
An 'incomplete' 2-Wheel Alignment was done on the car, whereby the front camber (that requires adjustment in your case) was not adjusted by the alignment tech.

However Rear cambers and toes of Camry's (including 2009) are typically capable of being adjusted (minor parts like eccentric bolts replacement maybe needed), but I would think your present Rear cambers and toes are quite good and requires no adjustment -- hence a more pricey 4-Wheel Alignment is not needed or necessary.

You shouldn't have to pay for a 4-Wheel alignment charges here, if options between 2 and 4 Wheel alignment were available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We're just gonna go to another shop since there arent gonna do a good job. Most people avoid the shop but we went there to get tires since we got 24 month financing. Yeah u are right, it wasnt done incorrectly. I think the front caster can be measured can it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
We're just gonna go to another shop since there arent gonna do a good job. Most people avoid the shop but we went there to get tires since we got 24 month financing. Yeah u are right, it wasnt done incorrectly. I think the front caster can be measured can it?
Yes, caster (front) can be measured though 'difficult' to adjust as typically found in modern cars' Front McPherson Struts suspension designs provides no factory adjustment. After market top caster/camber plate would help though.

In cases of Pulling to either side phenomenon as is in your context, measuring front caster angles are super relevant imho. A competent alignment tech should perform a 'caster swing' during the setting up process (at initial stage) of alignment job.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Font Urban design Engineering Event Diagram

Here’s the alignement report from another shop. Toes were way off on the inital reading then the final readings at the initial shop. This could be caused by bad tie rods messing up the alignment but who knows. Its good for now will have to see.

·
Registered
106 Posts
View attachment 388220
Here’s the alignement report from another shop. Toes were way off on the inital reading then the final readings at the initial shop. This could be caused by bad tie rods messing up the alignment but who knows. Its good for now will have to see.
The 'Before' measurements of this Alignment No.2 from another shop appears drastically different from that of previous alignment 'After' measurements though mechanical conditions of suspension remains the same.

My hunch is the Alignment No.2 maybe more accurate than the previous one and its 'Before' measurements is consistent too with pull/drift left phenomenon you described earlier.

This current 'After' adjustment has vastly 'reduced' the car's propensity of pulling/drifting left though it may not have been eliminated imho.

Just curious if you saw the alignment tech walk up to and make adjustments to rear left toes? Or he did not?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 'Before' measurements of this Alignment No.2 from another shop appears drastically different from that of previous alignment 'After' measurements though mechanical conditions of suspension remains the same.

My hunch is the Alignment No.2 maybe more accurate than the previous one and its 'Before' measurements is consistent too with pull/drift left phenomenon you described earlier.

This current 'After' adjustment has vastly 'reduced' the car's propensity of pulling/drifting left though it may not have been eliminated imho.

Just curious if you saw the alignment tech walk up to and make adjustments to rear left toes? Or he did not?
He adjusted the rear left toe

1 - 20 of 37 Posts