Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO they last? Any good stories to share? It's normal for asian girls to go out with white men but it doens't work with asian men and white girls...any ideas why? :hammer:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nationality? a proud canadian i tell you but u could've easily figured out my racial background.......yup asian

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
You can't really generalize that asian girls can get with any guy but asian guys can't. It's all about the individual. Sure I agree that 90% of the interracial relationships that you see, the female is the asian.... but that's cuz it's more of a fetish thing for other guys... That and they think that asian girls have class and a better upbringing....
But yeah, if you have 1000 people that all grew up in the same surroundings... doesn't matter there is no difference... purely physical ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
the nile is a RIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR
:D

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
New Balances & Nikes
5,944 Posts
interracial relationship generalizations:

I've noticed that most asian women will get with white men if not another asian. I haven't seen too many get with latino or black men (although I'm currently "talking" to an asian woman - filipina to be exact). A lot of white-asian couples in the US (I'm assuming) got together because of the wars, and that tradition has been seems to have been passed down.

Most black-white relationships I've seen have typically been black man - white woman. I've started seeing more black woman-white man relationships recently, but mostly in people under 40 (maybe America is changing again :thumbup: ).

In black communities, it's generally considered an affront to black women to see a black man in a relationship with a woman outside his race (my godmother told her nephew he's out the will if he marries a white woman - she didn't tell me that (maybe its cuz I'm from the suburbs and he's from Chicago)). Do asian cultures have that same stigma?

·
chillin
251 Posts
i am for it.

i know several asian girls that are very happy with white men (although the word is they won't go back to asian men).

and if i had the chance i would date a white girl without questioning how it would be portrayed - keeping in mind my gf is asian.

·
Registered
94 Posts
icefeather-

im in a interracial relationship, and its hard...i hang out in the bad part of NY...Im filipino and my gf is black...and im prolly the innovator of this cuzz i still have yet to see any flips wit a black woman in the 5yrs we've been together...

Anyways, when we started out i had to prove that i was "gangsta" enough to be wit her... guys from the neighborhood didn't like me taking their woman from them and started picking fights wit me...So i fought them, but it wasnt fair cuzz at the time i was in training for golden gloves...lol...to get to the point, there shouldnt be any doubt if they last... its upto the individuals as others already mentioned...

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
another big problem for interacial couples could be religion. one of my friends is of east indian decent, and her parents are pretty hardcore, so theres very few guys she would actually be allowed to date, because of the rules of their religion.

·
Man on a mission...
635 Posts
Deep said:
I don't discriminate, I regulate every shade of that ...
you should've waited for big_p to say that :p:

Interracial relationships aren't that big of a deal in diverse communities, i.e. San Francisco. However, in more homogenous communities, no doubt it would raise an eyebrow.

My girlfriend's Italian-Mexican and I don't feel any backlash/negative feelings towards me from my family, friends, or even the city in general. Family refers to her as "white girl." :lol:

Deuce - Yes, most asian cultures are unfortunately narrow minded. Generally, and with all due respect to all, asians or caucasians, are more easily accepted than those who don't fall in either categories. Recall Jacky Chan's "Rumble In the Bronx." Uncle Benny's black wife was like :eek: initially to Chan's character.

I suppose conservative and traditional asian thoughts on race can be attributed to centuries of isolation from outside. :)

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
I agree with B Deuce on black women not trying to see black men with other non-black women. I was told that they think there are limited "good" black men and that they have "so much to offer a sister". So they feel cheated.
And the guy gets teased by his "bredgens" saying he can't handle a black woman.

For traditional asians, the family has a lot to do with their choice... they can't shame their family... it's all about face...

I've actually asked what ISI (IS forum) ppl thought... they said they were simply not attracted to ppl outside their race... so again, it's the upbringing.

·
Urban Nomad
626 Posts
^ agreed, it is about the family for alot of people. Even though some people aren't "racist", they still can't see someone from a different race being a part of their family.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've dated every race/ethnicity under the sun, its never really been an issue. Except for once this asian girl's mom didnt approve, she wanted her with another asian...

Also, my mom says she'll tolerate me dating white girls and asian girls but when I marry she wants me to marry a Dominican girl (I'm dominican)

She says its because she wants a girl who knows how to take care of me and cook for me, my mother is so biggoted...

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
My aunt (white) married a black man when they were about 20... they now have one son (20ish), three daughters (oldest is 17), and one grand-daughter... so yes, they can last.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm asian (Taiwan), grew up in Colombia (South America), have had 4 girlfriends all of them from Colombia, my actual relationship is in the 4th year, so, it can last.
If you grew up in the same culture, there's no differences, just the look.
Sometime the family interfere but you are the one who make the decision.
By the way, I have been lucky, here in US spanish girls get surprised watching an asian speaking "perfect" spanish, so... that is a plus for me, and I think I have more spanish friends that americans. All is about culture.

·
Banned
20 Posts
B Deuce said:
interracial relationship generalizations:

I've noticed that most asian women will get with white men if not another asian. I haven't seen too many get with latino or black men (although I'm currently "talking" to an asian woman - filipina to be exact). A lot of white-asian couples in the US (I'm assuming) got together because of the wars, and that tradition has been seems to have been passed down.

Most black-white relationships I've seen have typically been black man - white woman. I've started seeing more black woman-white man relationships recently, but mostly in people under 40 (maybe America is changing again :thumbup: ).

In black communities, it's generally considered an affront to black women to see a black man in a relationship with a woman outside his race (my godmother told her nephew he's out the will if he marries a white woman - she didn't tell me that (maybe its cuz I'm from the suburbs and he's from Chicago)). Do asian cultures have that same stigma?

as much as i hate to say it yes, older generations of asians teach their kids not to marry outside their race. other wise KEEPING IT RUSTIC. as for me, im fine with any race. i go with a white girl right now, and im asian. physical attraction is only a means to get a person to start somethin. after that it's all personality. so it's a mix of everything. the US is racist, but it's not impossible to get with any race, no matter what race you are.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts