Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Pretty straightforward here, has anyone found or devised a good way to mount an iPad or cell phone in their Avalon?
Pretty straightforward here, has anyone found or devised a good way to mount an iPad or cell phone in their Avalon?

ipad and cell phone are two difference sizes.

I usually just put the phone behind the shift level. iPad, I guess it will be a bit difficult due to its size. Maybe you should try youtube and see how people mount iPad on their cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ipad and cell phone are two difference sizes.

I usually just put the phone behind the shift level. iPad, I guess it will be a bit difficult due to its size. Maybe you should try youtube and see how people mount iPad on their cars.
I know. I was thinking of figuring out a way to mount the iPad in a way that it could be used for navigation and have sound output/control via the Kenwood media controller described in a previous thread. If that couldn't be pulled off, at least a good way to mount my Droid phone (or any other cell phone) to the dash for the sake of its navigation and being able to send/receive calls (using a hands-free setup of course) without taking my eyes off the road.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For iPad, how about using velcro ? Find a good place for it on the dash board. just a thought.
I'd like to mount it somewhat near the factory screen at an angle hat I could easily see it for navigation and media control. Rmike is using a setup that's a possibikity, but I want something that'll hold it good and solid, since the iPad is a little heavier and could get wobbly.

The deciding factor here though will be if I can get the iPad's audio through the Kenwood controller. If not, I'll just invest in a whole new deck with full media control later on and live with the factory setup for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.