Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an iPhone X and i started having that problem just yesterday, i haven’t updated my iphone or anything. Ive had the truck for a year now and this is the first time this happens. Took it to Toyota dealer and they updated the radio and it still happening. They just told me theres nothing they can do, that its just an iPhone problem. My apologies if this topic have come up before, New here?

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
That's a common thing with Entune.. one day it decides it's not happy and starts rebooting once in a while for no apparent reason. Often the firmware update for the head unit, if one is available, will fix that problem for a while.

If you're really sure that the phone has something to do with it, then I'd try deleting the phone from the radio and pairing it again. That fixes a lot of phone-related issues. An issue I've run into lately has to do with the sync of the address book between the head unit and the phone. If your address book doesn't change very often, or at least the few numbers you might use from the car, then another suggestion is to turn off the address book sync every time the phone connects to the head unit. So in other words, let it sync up at least once so that you have the contacts in the head unit, and then turn off the auto sync. That setting is in Setup > Phone > Contact/Call History Settings, then a checkbox for Automatic Transfer. You can also force a manual transfer of the contacts right there by choosing "Update Contacts from Phone".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an iPhone X and i started having that problem just yesterday, i haven’t updated my iphone or anything. Ive had the truck for a year now and this is the first time this happens. Took it to Toyota dealer and they updated the radio and it still happening. They just told me theres nothing they can do, that its just an iPhone problem. My apologies if this topic have come up before, New here?
If the radio is OK, it's your iPhone problem, turn to Eelphone iOS System Repair to fix iPhone reboot constantly without losing data on iPhone.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
The radio is definitely NOT OK; it's not a phone problem that's causing the radio to reboot.

But something else has changed in the last three months. A new version of the Entune firmware was released on January 13, 2020. It's not available on the free download site yet, so you'll have to go to a dealer to get it. If you're still covered by the 3/36 Basic Warranty then it will be free. If not, it's up to the dealer if they're going to charge you for the time to apply it. it's described in TSB # T-SB-0003-20.

The exact version number you would see varies by the level of Entune you have and the exact head unit. The new versions are:
Entune Audio: 010150, 013A4F, or 01014F
Entune Audio Plus: 010177, 010178, or 010179
Entune Premium: 0101A0 or 0101A1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue. Dealer seemed dumbfounded. They did system updates and eventually replaced the unit. As soon as I picked it up and connected my iPhone it shut down and rebooted. I read in this forum someone said it had to do with the number of contacts. It's a memory overload issue. I'm suspecting RAM. If you have somewhere around 200 contacts or more and you have sync turned on, it will fill the memory during startup and the normal functions of the unit doesn't have available RAM to use so it reboots. I deleted a bunch of unused contacts, taking it down to about 150, deleted all user data from the unit, removed device, etc. Then reconnected, let it sync the 150 contacts, and then turned off sync. Have never had an issue since. I honestly don't know if that's it, but the memory being full made sense to cause constant rebooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The radio is definitely NOT OK; it's not a phone problem that's causing the radio to reboot.

But something else has changed in the last three months. A new version of the Entune firmware was released on January 13, 2020. It's not available on the free download site yet, so you'll have to go to a dealer to get it. If you're still covered by the 3/36 Basic Warranty then it will be free. If not, it's up to the dealer if they're going to charge you for the time to apply it. it's described in TSB # T-SB-0003-20.

The exact version number you would see varies by the level of Entune you have and the exact head unit. The new versions are:
Entune Audio: 010150, 013A4F, or 01014F
Entune Audio Plus: 010177, 010178, or 010179
Entune Premium: 0101A0 or 0101A1
Is it possible that this update might fix an issue where the Nav system disconnects itself from the GPS position and thinks it’s stationary? Basically, my location (truck icon) keeps up to date on the map, but directions stop streaming, and distance and time to target stay static.

Mine’s been doing that randomly since I bought the truck and the dealer won’t do anything about despite me having numerous photos to documents it since it’s not consistently replicable.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
It's worth a try. It may fix that if it's a software problem that's causing the system to lock up and stop taking location readings. But it could also be some kind of antenna problem if it's trying to get a new location and is unable to because of low/no GPS signal.

If you're under warranty still, keep hounding the dealer about it. This could come down to replacing parts and you don't want to replace the radio unit on your dime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's worth a try. It may fix that if it's a software problem that's causing the system to lock up and stop taking location readings. But it could also be some kind of antenna problem if it's trying to get a new location and is unable to because of low/no GPS signal.

If you're under warranty still, keep hounding the dealer about it. This could come down to replacing parts and you don't want to replace the radio unit on your dime.
Replace your phone it will fix the problem. Teat with a friends newer OS phone it will work.
I had dealer swap head unit 2x before giving in and replacing my iphone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts