Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums and can only find older posts on running entunes apps with an Iphone w/o tethering (basically you use the personal hot spot of the phone and entunes accesses the hot spot via Bluetooth). I've tried configuring entunes based on those posts, but it's doesn't work. I updated to the latest version of entunes (5) and still cannot get the apps to work unless I tether. Has anyone had a recent success running entunes apps with an iphone w/o tethering? If so, how did you configure entunes?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you on an iPhone or Android (I know Android works)?

If you're on an iPhone, what exactly are the settings you have in the entunes (i.e. provider, etc).

When I click connect to internet on the entunes Bluetooth settings, it comes back and says connected to internet... but when I run an App (like traffic), it can't see the internet.

·
Go Bolts!
1,146 Posts
I have searched the forums and can only find older posts on running entunes apps with an Iphone w/o tethering (basically you use the personal hot spot of the phone and entunes accesses the hot spot via Bluetooth). I've tried configuring entunes based on those posts, but it's doesn't work. I updated to the latest version of entunes (5) and still cannot get the apps to work unless I tether. Has anyone had a recent success running entunes apps with an iphone w/o tethering? If so, how did you configure entunes?

This article should help or at least it did for my iPhone 5s and my '12 SE with Premium Audio w/Entune & Nav system:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HOWTOFIXToyotaEntune201UpdateBreaksInternetTetheringOverBluetooth.aspx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK... I figured out what was wrong.

After I configured the entunes DUN settings and enabled the personal hotspot on my phone, I was going back into entunes and clicking "connect for internet"... entunes would come back with the "connected for internet" message and I would see 1 hotspot connection on my phone... but the apps wouldn't work.

So this time, I simply enabled the hotspot on the phone and went straight to the apps... and VOILA, they worked.... I guess hitting the "connect to internet" button on the entunes setup was not the thing to do...

Anyways, I'm up and operational... all apps working w/o tethering... thanks all for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.