Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this topic has been beaten to death, but i'm not seeing any specifics out there on exactly what the functionality of the Ipod adapters is.

So with these Ipod2car or USA SPEC adapter connected to the stock JBL 6 cd system, what exactly do you get? Are you able to see the text names of the songs on the head unit? Can you see artist and play list as well? I'm thinking that if you have a few thousand songs on your Ipod and all you can do is scroll from song to song in a serial fashion, that is pretty cumbersome.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
137 Posts
with my usa spec you get good clean sound through your stereo and that's it, and the option of using a second source of music such as sirius/xm etc. No controls or text of any kind. To me it's easier using the ipod to change playlists or songs anyway.

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
with the ipod 2 car adapter you still have full control over the ipod.......ie the clickwheel still works....some aftermarket adapters lock up the ipod and you can only control it with the stereo controls......so watch out for what you buy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As far as I know, the Dension IceLink is the only iPod adaptor that shows the artist/song text on your radio.

I'm having an issue with that feature though, so you should wait until I get it resolved. (See the current IceLink thread in this forum.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the Harman Kardon Drive+Play (it also requires the USA SPEC adapter if you want to use line-in, other wise you use FM transmitter). The functionality is good - you get a control nob which lets you play, pause, fast foward and rewind, and display some of the IPOD menus. The menus are dislayed on a user mountable display screen. The menus displayed are the standard IPOD music menus - Artist, Songs, Playlists, Albums, etc. It will not display all of the menus though. For example some of the settings menus are not displayed, including the EQ menu.

Overall I like it, because it lets me selet songs and playlists while I keep my attention on the road, instead of inside the cabin.

Houtex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts