Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how much people hate common questions but I was unable to find the exact information I was looking for on the forum.

I just purchased a 07 Tacoma and it came with the 6 disc CD changer. Is it possible to add an iPod or similar to this configuration? If so does anyone have an recommendations for the best setup out there. I looked at the USA spec one in previous articles but I don't know if it worked with a 07 with changer. Not sure I like it all that much either as I had it in my previous vehicle. Don't want to drop money for something not to work. If anyone has some knowledge or first-hand experience I would love to hear about it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I have an '06 with a 6 disc changer. There's a port on the back that you plug the USASpec cable into. Then you run the cable to whereever you want to mount the box. Pretty simple install..just have to take the dash panels off.

There are tons of iPod posts and DIYs on here, were you looking for info specific to an '07? Like I said, I'm betting it's the exact same as an '06/'05.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other recommendations out there for a iPod interface? Not sure if there is anything else beside USASpec that will work with the 07. Thanks

·
2007 DC Indigo Ink 2WD
07 DC Taco SP#1
178 Posts
I have the Ipod2Car and although i dont have a CD Changer, the cable plugs into the HU where the Changer plugs into and then the Changer connector plugs into that. So your Ipod becomes the 6th disc in the changer. Again, you can use both but you loose the ability to listen to the 6th disc. So you have a 5-disc changer and the Ipod, plus the indash CD.

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
It should work with the '07 head unit, and if not, you can easily resell the USA Spec on this forum, as they are hard to come by right now and several memers are looking for them.

The only caveat about Toyotas is if you have a CD unit that has a sepaprate box that holds your CD's as opposed to the head unit itself. In that case, the connection for that case is occupying the port that the USA Spec would occupy.

·
Toy Machine
282 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts