Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed or know about the SoundlinQ2 unit that allows an iPod to be connected to the factory stereo and have the iPod display on the factory stereo screen? Also charges the iPod when connected. Sounds interesting, but wondering if anyone has any experience with one. Fits stereos with and w/o navigation apparently.

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the Toyota Ipod Interface

I have the Toyota iPod interface which i doubt it it the one you're referring to (forgot the name). The interface works great, recharge the ipod and can be partly controlled with the radio interface. It also sounds pretty good on the JBL radio. The only thing I would change is the playlist management that the interface forces you to do.

The playlist title must be TOYOTA1; TOYOTA2, etc., and unfortunately, the playlist name doesn't appear on the radio interface, just the song titles and the bands. If you have a lot of tunes in each playlist, it could be difficult to manage. I often set the ipod directly on the song I want to listen to.

Other than that, works great !

GN

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Toyota iPod interface which i doubt it it the one you're referring to (forgot the name). The interface works great, recharge the ipod and can be partly controlled with the radio interface. It also sounds pretty good on the JBL radio. The only thing I would change is the playlist management that the interface forces you to do.

The playlist title must be TOYOTA1; TOYOTA2, etc., and unfortunately, the playlist name doesn't appear on the radio interface, just the song titles and the bands. If you have a lot of tunes in each playlist, it could be difficult to manage. I often set the ipod directly on the song I want to listen to.

Other than that, works great !

GN
Does this involve a lot of ripping and cutting. I just got my HL and am not really looking to rip the console out or drill any holes. I was basically looking for some thing simple that will allow me to charge my ipod and enjoy it thru the JBL.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this involve a lot of ripping and cutting. I just got my HL and am not really looking to rip the console out or drill any holes. I was basically looking for some thing simple that will allow me to charge my ipod and enjoy it thru the JBL.
Pretty sure it's just removing and putting back. No cutting, drilling, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the one installed on my Grande (not sure how's it called in US - but this is a top version with SatNav, etc). Works good, was installed w/out drilling and cutting (the jack is in the glovebox); the only limitation is that folder (playlist) names are Folder 1, Folder 2, etc. But - it allows to switch to a "simple" mode, that returns all the control to the iPod so I can use it screen to navigate.

Intersting this is that the manual (SoundlinQ2 one) talks about bypassing the "I agree" screen - but I haven't tried this yet.

Anyone installed or know about the SoundlinQ2 unit that allows an iPod to be connected to the factory stereo and have the iPod display on the factory stereo screen? Also charges the iPod when connected. Sounds interesting, but wondering if anyone has any experience with one. Fits stereos with and w/o navigation apparently.

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts