Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK & MR2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas... was wondering if anyone here had ever put an iPOD kit to their mr2? is it possible to get this done??

·
Owns first Mr2!!!!!
MKII Mr2
140 Posts
Matter fact, I have an iPod kit in my Mr2, it came with the head unit I bought from target, and cheap too! Cost me only $100, and like I said, it came with the component to plug your iPod to it. Its the Dual XDM6820, if anything, just go on eBay, and it'll most likely be cheaper.

P.S. LOOKS NICE TOO!!!! :smokin:

·
Registered
SLK & MR2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's cool.. what year is ur mr2 if i may ask.... also, what should i do since i already have a CD player install in the car??

·
Owns first Mr2!!!!!
MKII Mr2
140 Posts
I got a 91', second gen, check if the wiring harness is messed up(the wiring harness has to parts to it) if it is, then of course your going to need another one, if not, unhook the wiring harness, there should be two clips, look at the new head unit wires, and look at the wiring harness wires, color match them, some of them would be the same color, but theres a difference, the colors that are the same have a little difference in them becuase they have like a black or white line going throughout them showing that its the different wire to be matched to them. Any more questions bro, ill be happy to help.

·
Registered
SLK & MR2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahahaha... thanx dJ!! but for now, lemme try and understand or learn what u just posted.. u see, i bought this (92) mr2 just last new year's day and im tryin to get it all done b4 valentine so that i can give it to the girl as a gift.. im sweatin right now tho!! :)

·
Owns first Mr2!!!!!
MKII Mr2
140 Posts
Haha, pretty sure we've all been there once

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts
I have an Alpine CDA-9856 head unit in my car right now. its a really nice unit, but its around $230. you can get an iPod attach cable for it. I got one, its really nice. you control the iPod through the cd player.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts