Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK just recently bought an IQ. What is the deal with putting the gas tank? The tank light will be flashing, I stop to put gas in and the nozzle shuts off after 4 gals. It takes over 10 minutes to get gas as you can only put in 2/10 gal in at a shot after 4 gals. Love the car, but would never recommend it or buy another one. A real pain to get gas. Is there a fix?:help:

·
2,668 Posts
If you didn't buy it new, something might be broken. You can't be pissed off at the car because the previous owner may have broken something.

Was she a Gravel driven car before you got her??
My guess is that canister and Filter are clogged and causing the fuel to bubble back up the pipe and click the filler off....
Previous owner could have been the kind that fills click after click until they see the gas in the pipe.

·
11,331 Posts
OK just recently bought an IQ. What is the deal with putting the gas tank? The tank light will be flashing, I stop to put gas in and the nozzle shuts off after 4 gals. It takes over 10 minutes to get gas as you can only put in 2/10 gal in at a shot after 4 gals. Love the car, but would never recommend it or buy another one. A real pain to get gas. Is there a fix?:help:

Did you finally figure this out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts