Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have an 2004 4Runner. I bought iridium plugs on Amazon. Is there a gap setting for iridium. Someone told me no.

·
798 Posts
Everything I have read states that iridium plugs come pre-gapped for your particular installation.
If re-gapping is desired, much care should be taken not to bend/break the tiny iridium wire tip.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
dz302 is correct that they are pre-gapped. But not sure how that works if those plugs were not the OEM plugs that came with your car. But you should not adjust the gap on them, because they are not designed to be bent.

Buying spark plugs is tricky these days, because there are a lot of counterfeit plugs being sold on the Internet, even from Amazon.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
If they are Denson Iridium OEM, they you don't need to set gap. If they are something else, then maybe. I feel like I hear counterfeits are more common on Amazon. I buy most of my parts from RockAuto. Also, do keep away from "no-brand" performance spark plugs. At a minimum, AutoLite but Denso is best and NGK is an option but I prefer Denso.

·
3,511 Posts
Mark888 is right - Amazon is rife with very convincing counterfeits. I dumped buying plugs off Amazon and just buy the high end Iridiums from AutoZone or so. It winds up only being a few bucks more, but at an interval of 100k or so, I don't miss the dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts