Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Changed my plugs and front brakes today, and I do believe this sucker had stock plugs with 153K miles on them. The gap was HUGE and measured around .070 for all four. it was nuts. Sad part is found out I need a valve cover gasket though, found pretty significant oil in 3 of the 4 spark plug wells. The win part comes in where I paid $12.28 for a set of NGK platinum plugs, and AutoZone is giving a rebate as a $10 AZ gift card if you pay for 4 or more Platinum or better plugs from certain brands. So a net of $2.28 for all four plugs? Yes please!

As for the brakes. Gotta love other peoples work. The brake hose on the passenger front, the hold down bracket that bolts to the shock, the line was in it upside down so it was all kinds of sharply twisted. No wonder that caliper was hard to compress. Other peoples work, I tell ya.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Corolla
85 Posts
Gap might be different for an 01, I'm not sure, but a 99 is a .44 gap. Your plugs might have just been THAT worn down?

My first plugs at 45k miles were pretty beat up from aged wires (their gap was pretty darn big). I just recently changed my plugs again along with my wires, at 66k, and those double plats were rounded but not horrible. I clearly needed a wire change with the plugs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that first comment/title was sarcasm. They were WAY worn down. As I said before I'm pretty sure they were the originals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.