Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right you heard me right, the Lexus IS 300 is going to have a convertable in 05, it is not said weither it will be marketed as a 05 model or 06.

But with the new IS sibiling, the other IS siblings will feature a new sportier look as well.

The down side, there is still no plans to upgrade the engine or even give an engine upgrade option like the GS.

I should have pics by the end of Oct

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fromm the info I got, nothing new done to the engine, hp is still the same,

as for it being a 2dr, most likely.... I really cant picture it being a 4dr convertable, although that is still possible. I think the PT Cruiser should have stayed 4dr, not it looks like a mini bish pu*** wagon.

as for info is treakled out i'll post all that I can

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ishcoleobo said:
2dr, 2jz.... let the rumors begin.
what rumors... everybody knows the IS replaced the Supra and this is Toyotas way of letting ppl know :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
whatever happened to the plans of releasing the IS with the big 4.3L V8?? Didnt Rod Millen or one of those companies actually drop that V8 into an IS and show it around for a while last year?

IS430 = :eek:

Can you say M3 killer?
Yup, they did. They did an episode on TLC once, didn't they?

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UfoZ8myCow said:
whatever happened to the plans of releasing the IS with the big 4.3L V8?? Didnt Rod Millen or one of those companies actually drop that V8 into an IS and show it around for a while last year?

IS430 = :eek:

Can you say M3 killer?
Yeah they did, but it was only a concept...... as of right now Lexus is not planning on doing anything like that, plus a IS 430 would surge the price tag to atleast the low to mid 40s

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
This is going to be interesting to see.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rod Millen IS430 - Links to pics! I've a bunch of my cpu from SEMA, but I'm not about to spend an hour or so figuring out (or photochoppin em down to size) how to post them all.

unless someone tells me to (& tells me how?). ... I wonder if I didn't get the photos on tn ... i bet i did.

anyway - the second link has good info on everything installed.
the third one has a nice pic of the carbon fiber engine cover.

http://www.rodmillen.com/Is430.htm
http://club.lextasy.com/ftopicp-5132-.html
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/03sema_is430/
(vid clip, haven't seen it - 6mb) http://news.is300.net/video/is430.mpg

damn, I can't believe I missed that episode of rides ...

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mkII said:
i don't think it says anything about a convertible here (it's a pdf): http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2005lexuskit/2005_is300_s.pdf
And look at the date the press release came out its from June, tell me if you see anything on the SC press release about a Pebble Beach Edition..... heck not even the new in-store (dealership) brochures have anything about it.

If I remember correctly, and I hope I'm not confusing this with the SC, but it is suppose to have 18's standard and there are ew optional 17" rims as well.

The Convetable will be in limited production as well, I'm guessing to test the water to see how it will do

·
Registered
75 Posts
New IS will be a 2006 available in late 2005 according to insiders. Sedan first with coupe and Convertible to follow a few months later. Power will come from a choice of two new V6's with a lot more power (not confirmed yet, but you'll all be extremely happy). RWD or optional AWD is also rumoured as is the choice of 5spd auto/6spd man transmissions. Dealers were shown initial concepts in Chicago last week. Hopefully we'll see a real concept at Detroit in January.

Lexus didn't really publicize the Pebble Beach SC because it was extremely limited production and all were sold orders. 35 total in Canada. Basically the logic was why tease someone with a car you can't even sell them.

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flow. thanks for the clarifcation....

and the Pebble Edition SC here in the states really isn't that hard to find... I have found 2 in my area in Fl and out of 5 area dealerships in the NYC/LI area 3 had them......

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
IS430:

0-60 - 5.1 sec

1/4 Mile - 14.0

E46 M3:

0-60 - 4.8 sec

1/4 Mile - 13.2

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I'd still take the IS430 over the M3!!!!!!:)

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Siver_Cartel said:
IS430:

0-60 - 5.1 sec

1/4 Mile - 14.0

E46 M3:

0-60 - 4.8 sec

1/4 Mile - 13.2
Those numbers don't mean much. The IS430 was made (abit quickly) as a one-off, and it was never put into races or anything. I'm sure with more time spent on tuning it can definitely be a faster car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts