Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm not here to ask if they fit my car or now, I'm actually wondering about something else. My friend told me that the Lexus rim needs a special type of lugnuts from Toyota/Lexus that costs $80. The Lordco guy(local parts store chain, dunno if they have it anywhere else) said most aftermarket lugnuts will fit and said I can get them for 5 bucks at Lordco.

I'm sure some of you guys have the IS rims now or before. Anyone want to chime in?

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I think the reason it needs the Lex LugNuts is because they are longer. I think as long as you get a longer lugnut, all is well. The is just what I heave read before. I know several people here have them on.

So someone should post up before too long with the exact info you need.

Good luck. :)

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
I remember reading that they needed the lexus lug nuts as well, but I dont have hands on experience with them...

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,472 Posts
I think i may know what your talking about, i have these lugs on my car. The style of the lug nut actually lets it fit INSIDE the rim hole instead of just above the rim hole allowing for about 4-5 extra turns. When i put my brakes on i ran into a promblem because when i put the rim on and the spacer i could only get one turn out of my stock lugs. These lugs help me get about 5-6 turns on them and its all good. I think there called Conical seat bulge style lug nuts, but i cant find a pic of them.

·
165 Posts
Not sure if the GS and IS lugs are similar, but mine came with washers so they fit flat against the wheel. The original Toyota ones are conical. If you ever need to use your spare, you better leave 5 old lug nuts or the Lexus ones won't work.

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would getting the normal lugs work, or would I have to dish out to get the Lexus/Toyota special lugs?

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
try a good tirestore, they should have eveyr possible type of lugnut cheap.

but yeah, the lexus wheels are hubcentric and use washer type nuts... the nuts side profile looks like T shape, not an acorn or log :p

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post up whether I can find the needed lugs or not. I do hope I can find them at a tire store as $80 for lugs a bit insane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts