Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of many people complaining about having to spend $1000-$2000 replacing the condensers on various make and model cars after a pebble on the road hits the condenser grill at highway speeds.
Not sure why this is not already protected from the factory instead of owners having to hack together their own protective shields.

Is this also a problem for Corollas? If so, is there a premade shield sized for Corollas to protect the condenser from flying rocks and bugs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure where you are getting those prices but the part is about 100 to 150, then labor to replace the condenser and charge the AC. I haven't had any issues with ours though.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,329 Posts
I've never heard of a Corolla owner having an issue with this.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
There was a long thread about this recently for a 2018 Camry where the dealer said the A/C failed due a leak in the condenser unit in a spot where some minor damage appeared to have occurred, and it was not covered under warranty. Owner appealed to two other dealers and to Toyota Motor, and no warranty coverage.

The non-warranty repair cost was about $950. The cost of the A/C refrigerant alone was about $150. So I would also be interested in responses to what the question asked by the thread starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts