Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw Ashsalg's dealership review on yelp. The manager did not even respond to them. The manager continuously ignores the issue. RIGHT TOYOTA should lose their rights on selling cars.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
The OP already explained it. The car was in an accident and had minor damage. But the CarFax said it had structural damage repair.
No dealer check Carfax, Carfax is slow, pretty inaccurate and has pretty limited number of sources, Carfax is for customers only, dealers work with AutoChek. However, all reports have information delays and and most likely a dealer found something besides "minor repair" during mechanical inspection and if customer presented false information or lied to a dealer, they can redo the deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
No dealer check Carfax, Carfax is slow, pretty inaccurate and has pretty limited number of sources, Carfax is for customers only, dealers work with AutoChek. However, all reports have information delays and and most likely a dealer found something besides "minor repair" during mechanical inspection and if customer presented false information or lied to a dealer, they can redo the deal.
We've gone to 4 separate dealers and they have all utilized carfax. We did not present false information, nor lie. The car has always been serviced and had no issues whatsoever. A picture of the car accident has been attached.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The dealer can sue for fraud if the seller lied about the condition of the car, but I don't think they can unilaterally "redo" the deal once all the paperwork is signed and customer drives off with new car.

Also, the seller would have had to specifically said something false in response to a question, and is not obligated to say anything, because they are not in the business of selling cars. Someone who is in the business of selling cars must disclose (even if not asked) any material defects.

If the reporting agency had inaccurate information about the severity of the repair, that is not the seller's fault.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Let’s keep our heads cool. We really don’t know everything but we do have opinions on this. I’d let a court decide that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we go to court, can I sue you for wasting 4 lines of blank space and another line of "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" on every friggin post?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
If we go to court, can I sue you for wasting 4 lines of blank space and another line of "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" on every friggin post?
If a guy got hit by a chair because he was robbing a store and he sues the person who hit him with the chair for "excessive force", I am sure you can...

·
Registered
30 Posts
If this happened to me, I would contact the local police. It appears that they have taken your property without your permission, which could be considered a crime. At the very least, you could file a police report.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If this happened to me, I would contact the local police. It appears that they have taken your property without your permission, which could be considered a crime. At the very least, you could file a police report.
I was thinking that also, but if they got the car back, they might get stopped by the police thinking the car is stolen.

·
South of the north pole
91 Posts
The police is more likely to treat this as a dispute in a commercial transaction, and handle it as a civil matter. A report of that complaint, along with the police's disposition of it will be on record though.

OP will have more clout if their lawyer contacts the local DA and convinces them to have the commercial crime unit of the local agency investigate if there is a pattern of behavior that would constitute fraudulent.

PS: This site's spell check drives me nuts. I speak and write in French by virtue of where I was born. I work in a Canadian/British English work environment and the site tries to enforce US English spelling (ie behavior vs behaviour),

·
Registered
423 Posts
PS: This site's spell check drives me nuts. I speak and write in French by virtue of where I was born. I work in a Canadian/British English work environment and the site tries to enforce US English spelling (ie behavior vs behaviour),
Même situation dans mon cas: j’utilise le français 80% de ma journée et deux autres langues le restant de 20%. De fois je dois changer la langue en temps réel quand je parle ou quand j’écris.

I don’t think it’s site related. It’s OS text editor related. On the phone and on the computer you can install and configure different keyboards/languages. The spelling options are changing based on the keyboard/language selected. I use that all the time because of the constant need of changing languages through the day. Give it a little time to try it.

Now... back to our cars ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Boyfriend and I found the perfect 2019 Camry XSE at Right Toyota in Scottsdale, Arizona. Upon arriving, the sales man showed us the car and we very quickly started to talk numbers. After negotiating for a couple of hours, we provided them with ALL the information they requested. We gave them our social to run our credit and the VIN number for our trade. After reviewing all the information we provided, we agreed on a deal with the sales manager. We went over to the finance manager and we signed all of the paperwork necessary for the new car contract and trade. After everything was signed and the deal was closed we went home with our brand new car.

3 days later I receive a call from the finance manager. He tells me that I need to bring the car in to "verify the VIN number and mileage" I ask if I could send a picture instead and he says "No, we have to verify it with our own eyes for legal purposes" and reassured me a full tank for the inconvenience. My boyfriend was at work so I took the car in by myself. Upon arriving, the finance manager walks me into his office and the sales manager who approved our deal was waiting at his desk. The sales manager then proceeds to tell me that they were backing out of the deal and that they need the new car back because my trade wasn't worth as much as they had paid off. They took the new keys from me and gave me back the old ones even though we had already signed the contract and THE BANK APPROVED the deal. When I went to get the contract out of the glove-box, I caught the finance manager trying to take it! I requested for it back and he kept telling me that it was in the car until I pointed out that it was in his hands.

My boyfriend ends up getting there about an hour later and immediately asked to speak to the general sales manager. We witnessed front desk and sales men notify him through the glass box behind the front desk. Instead of coming over and talking to us, he simply packed his bags and left. We ended up talking to another manager who said he would reach out to us the next day but never did. I contacted him via email and didn't get a response. I, then, called him the following day and he didn't even remember who I was! Since then, all employees have passed the ball around but no one has reached out to us to talk about the issue. They still have the 2019 loan under our name but WE DO NOT HAVE THE CAR.

Hi there and sorry to hear about your ordeal.

I've been in the car industry for over 20 years and what the dealer did is illegal.

You can easily sue and I would expect any lawyer to be chomping at the bit.

Hope you get this handled ASAP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Best to talk to a lawyer. There is a contract that you and the dealer signs called 'sellers right to cancel' that gives the dealer 10 or so days to cancel but usually it's because the finance fell through. Never heard of a dealer take the car back because you 'defrauded' a dealership. Dealer screwed up, not your fault. Also, there is another contract called spot delivery. Dont know much about that but something about giving your the loan but not being approved? I don't know but talk to a lawyer not to a forum.

Sellers right to cancel does not apply here and does not give the seller 10 days

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slightly off topic but who is giving Carfax all this information without the car owner's permission or knowledge?

Anytime insurance is involved, it gets reported to carfax. Also, when you take your vehicle in for any type of service, it gets reported.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anytime insurance is involved, it gets reported to carfax. Also, when you take your vehicle in for any type of service, it gets reported.
I thought only onsurance claims and possibly recalls being completed were reported. You mean normal service is reported too? Big brother is watching.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
39 Participants
flawless
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing