Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Boyfriend and I found the perfect 2019 Camry XSE at Right Toyota in Scottsdale, Arizona. Upon arriving, the sales man showed us the car and we very quickly started to talk numbers. After negotiating for a couple of hours, we provided them with ALL the information they requested. We gave them our social to run our credit and the VIN number for our trade. After reviewing all the information we provided, we agreed on a deal with the sales manager. We went over to the finance manager and we signed all of the paperwork necessary for the new car contract and trade. After everything was signed and the deal was closed we went home with our brand new car.

3 days later I receive a call from the finance manager. He tells me that I need to bring the car in to "verify the VIN number and mileage" I ask if I could send a picture instead and he says "No, we have to verify it with our own eyes for legal purposes" and reassured me a full tank for the inconvenience. My boyfriend was at work so I took the car in by myself. Upon arriving, the finance manager walks me into his office and the sales manager who approved our deal was waiting at his desk. The sales manager then proceeds to tell me that they were backing out of the deal and that they need the new car back because my trade wasn't worth as much as they had paid off. They took the new keys from me and gave me back the old ones even though we had already signed the contract and THE BANK APPROVED the deal. When I went to get the contract out of the glove-box, I caught the finance manager trying to take it! I requested for it back and he kept telling me that it was in the car until I pointed out that it was in his hands.

My boyfriend ends up getting there about an hour later and immediately asked to speak to the general sales manager. We witnessed front desk and sales men notify him through the glass box behind the front desk. Instead of coming over and talking to us, he simply packed his bags and left. We ended up talking to another manager who said he would reach out to us the next day but never did. I contacted him via email and didn't get a response. I, then, called him the following day and he didn't even remember who I was! Since then, all employees have passed the ball around but no one has reached out to us to talk about the issue. They still have the 2019 loan under our name but WE DO NOT HAVE THE CAR!
My Boyfriend and I found the perfect 2019 Camry XSE at Right Toyota in Scottsdale, Arizona. Upon arriving, the sales man showed us the car and we very quickly started to talk numbers. After negotiating for a couple of hours, we provided them with ALL the information they requested. We gave them our social to run our credit and the VIN number for our trade. After reviewing all the information we provided, we agreed on a deal with the sales manager. We went over to the finance manager and we signed all of the paperwork necessary for the new car contract and trade. After everything was signed and the deal was closed we went home with our brand new car.

3 days later I receive a call from the finance manager. He tells me that I need to bring the car in to "verify the VIN number and mileage" I ask if I could send a picture instead and he says "No, we have to verify it with our own eyes for legal purposes" and reassured me a full tank for the inconvenience. My boyfriend was at work so I took the car in by myself. Upon arriving, the finance manager walks me into his office and the sales manager who approved our deal was waiting at his desk. The sales manager then proceeds to tell me that they were backing out of the deal and that they need the new car back because my trade wasn't worth as much as they had paid off. They took the new keys from me and gave me back the old ones even though we had already signed the contract and THE BANK APPROVED the deal. When I went to get the contract out of the glove-box, I caught the finance manager trying to take it! I requested for it back and he kept telling me that it was in the car until I pointed out that it was in his hands.

My boyfriend ends up getting there about an hour later and immediately asked to speak to the general sales manager. We witnessed front desk and sales men notify him through the glass box behind the front desk. Instead of coming over and talking to us, he simply packed his bags and left. We ended up talking to another manager who said he would reach out to us the next day but never did. I contacted him via email and didn't get a response. I, then, called him the following day and he didn't even remember who I was! Since then, all employees have passed the ball around but no one has reached out to us to talk about the issue. They still have the 2019 loan under our name but WE DO NOT HAVE THE CAR.
I also just bought a new Camry with a trade in I was completely upside down by $7300.00. I had tried the Toyota dealership in Peoria just running numbers and not letting him run my credit. I didn't care for what they were asking. They wanted $5000 out-of-pocket plus a trade on my motorcycle as well. I waited about another 6 weeks before I decided I wanted to seriously buy. This time I went to Avondale Toyota and they were awesome. Before I went I secured my own loan through Deer Valley Credit Union with enough to eat the negative equity. They were charging me 25k for a 30k car and so I asked for 35k from the credit union. All my paperwork was done before I got to Avondale and they went to Autonation to get the car I wanted. If you have a copy of the credit report just go to Avondale Toyota cause it's good for 21 days. You should also try to get your own funding. It seems like they found something wrong with the trade...idk. Monday I would hit the ground running getting your own loan and getting you a Camry. Right Toyota seems sketchy. Best of luck let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
There’s no such thing as sellers remorse.......only buyers remorse, by law.

Unless there is some sort of misrepresentation perpetrated by the buyer regarding the trade, the dealership took back what was legally owned by the couple. They need to get an attorney and involve the police..... the attorney ought to have a local media outlet run the story. Then go after the dealership for legal costs.

·
Registered
12 Posts

My boyfriend ends up getting there about an hour later and immediately asked to speak to the general sales manager. We witnessed front desk and sales men notify him through the glass box behind the front desk. Instead of coming over and talking to us, he simply packed his bags and left. We ended up talking to another manager who said he would reach out to us the next day but never did. I contacted him via email and didn't get a response. I, then, called him the following day and he didn't even remember who I was! Since then, all employees have passed the ball around but no one has reached out to us to talk about the issue. They still have the 2019 loan under our name but WE DO NOT HAVE THE CAR.

I don’t know what the specific laws are in your area, but they usually contain clauses as to under what circumstances you can back out of a major purchase. I’m sure that their reasons are NOT legit for backing out. Check your consumer laws, then contact you state Attorney General. Also make sure to post this story on every social media site you can. Start with Yelp.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Heck, they stole your auto...
Get an Atty, TODAY

·
Registered
120 Posts
Subscribed to see where this goes. I am suspicious that the OP is not telling the entire story, but will give benefit of the doubt and with them the best of luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The fact of no attorney will accept for free, is not correct. I choose not to go under lemon law because it would only replace a known defect. Instead I have found an attorney who is litigating the case under a federal law and it is totally free. If I win, he gets X dollars straight from Toyota. If I lose, I still have no expense.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
The fact of no attorney will accept for free, is not correct. I choose not to go under lemon law because it would only replace a known defect. Instead I have found an attorney who is litigating the case under a federal law and it is totally free. If I win, he gets X dollars straight from Toyota. If I lose, I still have no expense.
The OP (thread starter) situation has nothing to do with Lemon Laws, defects, warranty claims, etc, and laws pertaining to those are not applicable to this case. Any legal judgement in this case would be according to contract law at the state level.

In any legal case, some lawyers will take on an case on a contingency fee basis, where they get about 30% of the winnings and/or legal fees paid for the defendant if the plaintiff prevails, and the client pays nothing to the lawyer if they lose. But in this case the remedy will likely be for "specific performance" (return the new car to buyer and take back the trade-in) rather than for monetary damages, and I doubt many lawyers would take it on as a contingency fee arrangement, but some might.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PS: This site's spell check drives me nuts. I speak and write in French by virtue of where I was born. I work in a Canadian/British English work environment and the site tries to enforce US English spelling (ie behavior vs behaviour),
The Anglo Interwebs have enough "u" ... Spell check is just trying to "balance" vs "enforce" a "color" vs "colour."

·
Registered
58 Posts

Contact lawyers, consumer affairs, local news. Don't just get your car back but get paid for time and duress. Hopefully, you still have title to the car? Call the police and reported stolen.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts