Toyota Nation Forum banner

Is Amsoil drain interval alright with 1MZ-FE?

1628 9
I run Amsoil 5w-30 in my 1MZ-FE. and I'm just kinda concerned as to the drain interval. Amsoil is the finest oil I can find, and I would like to do the 6 months filter change and use the oil for a year, but I've done some research and from what I've read with the sludging problems, I'm wondering if I'm pushing my luck? I can get Amsoil for about $6 a quart, so price isn't too bad, do you think I should just change oil when I change filter? So what actually causes sludging of oil? I'm not sure I totally understand sludging oil, is it just getting real thick? Thanks for insight.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Avalon
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys must not be familar with Amsoil. This isn't a interval set up by me, rather what Amsoil recommends. The more I think about it, Amsoil (or rather any synthetic) would be better suited to the 1MZ-FE as synethic oil is much more durable and shouldn't breakdown half as fast as conventional oil. Amsoil even warrants their oil to the extent that if your engine internals fail due to their oil, they will pay for the repairs. Good luck getting them to pay for a seized up engine though. They would find something else to blame it on. If the engine does seize up, I have to believe it would give tell tale signs. I guess I'm just gonna go with the 6 month change intervals.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,120 Posts
still....I don't know.....its 5w30 synthetic, so read the fine print about how you drive the car tho....

if you drive your car hard, there's no way that it'll hold out for 6months....but it's really your call....but is it worth it to put your car at risk just to save a bit of $$$?

·
Registered
Camry
1,526 Posts
No way I'll play. When I check my dipstick and it looks whack, it's time for an oilchange. Milage is always monitered.

I do not buy off on any oil because taking into account all the contaminants and garbage coming from piston blowby and sludge forming. Nope. Acids eating my precious ancient Cam's insides..I won't have it I tells ya.

Makes me want to run out and change my oil right now.. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.