Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Holy Crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am willing to drive a Chevy truck for one whole day to SMELL this IS-F..............

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, you guys really need to stop with all these pictures.......I've creamed so many boxers between all the pics of the LF-A/IS-F I've seen! Pure Sex I tell ya, PURE SEX!!!!!!! (starts saving up his pennies)

·
Future Toyota Engineer
2006 Camry XLE
156 Posts
Netforcer said:
i'm loving the blue...
The 'F' badge has to go, it seems out of place...
IS already comes with LED tails
no, the "F" reinforces how special this version of the IS is. Lexus should paint the background of the badge to match the car color.:thumbup:

A small white "F" against an electric blue background, that would be better

·
Registered
74 Posts
Awesome, I can't wait. Looks better, and hopefully performs better than the M3 and RS4. Same power but much more torque than the RS4, and apparently BMW is having a tough time making an M3 that can compete power wise, and match the e46's track abilities.

And yes, the F logo looks wayyy out of place. Bad design on that...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice....dont really care for the odd tailpipe configeration tho. I agree with the F badge looking out of place. Still has too much of a resemblance to the rear end of the BMW 5 series.....or maybe im just being to picky. :D

·
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
299 Posts
MAR said:
no, the "F" reinforces how special this version of the IS is. Lexus should paint the background of the badge to match the car color.:thumbup:

A small white "F" against an electric blue background, that would be better
They need to modify the "F" to read, "F*( you and your Civic" :lol: j/k ;)

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Damn:eek:

That hood hump kinda looks weird on some angles but its looks absolutly awsome on other angles.

Anyone have spare money sitting around that they would like to donate to my IS-F funds?:lol:

THERE BETTER BE A DAMN MANUAL TRANS

·
Registered
2 Toys
412 Posts
so, anyone know anything like weight distribution, curb weight, will the tranny allow full manual control, redline, etc?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kevs Toy said:
so, anyone know anything like weight distribution, curb weight, will the tranny allow full manual control, redline, etc?
No information on weight yet. My wild guess would be 3750lb, ~200lb heaviver than IS350, ~200lb lighter than RS4.

From the press release, the 8 speed transmission with lock up feature from 2nd sounds very nice, no need to do heel and toe, right? :)

A new torque-converter lock-up control was developed. This new design allows for a very direct, crisp gear change through the constant lock-up of the torque converter in second through eighth gears. The torque converter also allows for great launch ability for fast standing-start acceleration. Downshifts, meanwhile, are accompanied by incredibly precise throttle blips to match engine RPM to vehicle speed.
The IS-F engine is mated to the world's first eight-speed direct sport-shift transmission. A new torque-converter lock-up control was developed that allows for a direct, crisp gear change through the constant lock-up of the torque converter in second through eighth gears. In Drive mode, the IS-F transmission performs with great smoothness, and the torque converter allows for great launch ability for fast standing-start acceleration that will register a zero-to-60 time in less than 4.9 seconds.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts