Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone knows if the heating elements are already in the '15 Ltd steering wheel and just need a pre-wired cable, switch and probably a relay to upgrade it.
It's about the only thing momma misses on this car and I could sure make some points if I could pull this off...gawd knows I need 'em.

:wink:

Later:

Had a chat with the local Toyota parts dude. He tells me the steering wheels are completely different as is the wiring.
Would probably cost $2K to add it later.
Fuhriggg

·
Registered
2007 Acura TL Type S
367 Posts
They would definitely not put heating elements in the Non heated steering wheel. That's weird I thought the heated steering wheel was a limited feature...I guess that's a Platinun thing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't know about the steering wheel, but when i added fog lights to my LE , all the wiring was there, including the fuse in the under hood fuse panel.
I had the turn/light switch replaced with one that had a fog light switch and it was plug and play, once the fog light switch was turned on , the dash light symbol for the fogs turned on. Then just installed fog bezels and housings in the bumpers !
I think you would need a steering wheel with a built-in heating element , but there is a good chance the wiring is already there. Go to your Toyota parts department and have a exploded parts view of a "heated steering wheel" photocopied (this is how i fould out there are 3 different types of bumper bezels and the 2014 corolla fog light housings will fit a 2014/15 HL)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows if the heating elements are already in the '15 Ltd steering wheel and just need a pre-wired cable, switch and probably a relay to upgrade it.
It's about the only thing momma misses on this car and I could sure make some points if I could pull this off...gawd knows I need 'em.

😉

Later:

Had a chat with the local Toyota parts dude. He tells me the steering wheels are completely different as is the wiring.
Would probably cost $2K to add it later.
Fuhriggg
This is probably way too late,but yes,it seems that you can add the steering wheel heater module later.It is $150 on toyotapartsdeal.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts