Toyota Nation Forum banner

201 - 220 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Hybrid
167 Posts
You two Jeep enthusiasts need to get a room. Looks like you made a wrong turn in Alba-koy-key.:smile:
I wasn’t being an enthusiast... I was just using it as a comparison point in my Toyota’s reliability.

/Jim

·
Registered
741 Posts
I drove jeep (rental) for one week. The worst rental I ever drove. If I was given a Jeep I will take it and sell it next day and buy Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Ltd
1,299 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
We bought our Limited in late November, 2018, and at the time, it was almost impossible to find Limited models with the Advanced Safety package.

The local dealers lots (6 dealers locally) were loaded with XLE and XSE, and one or two Touring, and one Limited. Over the weekend, I checked local inventory from my selling dealer, and they have 20 Avalons, 14 Limited, 1 Touring, 3 XLE, and 2 XSE. 8 out of the 20 have the Advanced Safety Package too.

I don't know if this means the inventory is adjusting to the market demands, but it is a significant departure from the normal inventory choices, at least in my area.

https://www.wildetoyota.com/

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Ltd
1,299 Posts
I suspect people like the limited grill better.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Received a monthly special email from a local dealer, $44.5K Limited in stock, $5289 off and 1.9% APR.
That's a pretty hefty discount for a new model if you ask me and based my previous experience with Toyota new car discounts, I think they would do $6K+ off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the primary target buyers for the 2019 are current Avalon owners and a bit younger auditory that is not happy with the Camry and can not afford an ES yet, but imo the new Avalon will attract only a small portion of that auditory.
I drove a 2003 and 2005-12 models and to me the 2019 model reminds me the Gen 3 Avalon much more than the Gen 4. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the 2005-12 model, but it feels too large, bulky and heavy, the same way as the Gen 3 feels to me and the same as the Gen 3 the 2019 has some interior materials and design elements that downgrade the interior. Even the 2019 "trampoline" center stack remind me the 2011-12 center stack.
I looked at the ES and Avalon coming from a Camry. The ES is too similar to justify another $10k.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
I looked at the ES and Avalon coming from a Camry. The ES is too similar to justify another $10k.
To similar to what? To the Avalon? It looks pretty different inside and out, has much much nicer interior design and materials, better warranty, better service, better brand image and better resale. Sure, 10K is a lot of money, but it's only $200 difference in monthly payments and based on the difference in price between previous gens of the Avalon and ES, the difference should be less than 10K. A few years back, after discounts the Avalon was only 5-7K cheaper. I'm assuming cuz of Toyota already rolled out pretty hefty discounts on the Avalon and Lexus is not in a hurry to discount the ES yet, the difference might be higher, but the difference will get smaller closer to the end of the year.

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Silver
27 Posts
I am amazed at the number of people that think the Lexus service is nicer than the Toyota service. That nice service cost 1 1/2 to twice as much as the Toyota service. That nice service will also overblown the repairs you need on your car. That nice service also employees young mechanics with the same training as the Toyota mechanics. I drove Lexus for 26 years and I truly believe my Avalon rides and drives better than the LS 460 I traded in on the car. I don't think i would ever buy a Lexus again. Just my opinion.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
I am amazed at the number of people that think the Lexus service is nicer than the Toyota service. That nice service cost 1 1/2 to twice as much as the Toyota service. That nice service will also overblown the repairs you need on your car. That nice service also employees young mechanics with the same training as the Toyota mechanics. I drove Lexus for 26 years and I truly believe my Avalon rides and drives better than the LS 460 I traded in on the car. I don't think i would ever buy a Lexus again. Just my opinion.
Here is my experience with local dealer: I've dealt with 3 different Toyota dealers in the past and their service is just ok at the best. I'm talking about warranty work and free service. The local Lexus service- maybe it's not as good as Merc or VW's, yes VW's, but it sure better. Maybe Lexus mechanics went through the same training, but they are sure more accurate and pay attention to details. Toyota service never was good and lately turned into quantity over quality deal. And past the warranty I see no reason to go to a dealer.

·
Registered
Toyota Avalon
75 Posts
I had a similar experience. Back in 1999 I had a Lexus LS400 before my first Avalon. The quality of the Lexus service was nothing special, and the maintenance was very, very expensive. I also found that the Avalon rode just as nice for a lot less money and costs very little to maintain. I really don't need the Lexus badge. I don't find Toyota service anything special either, but at least I'm not paying through the nose for it.

·
Registered
Toyota Avalon
75 Posts
That's why you take your Lexus to Toyota for servicing.
In my locale the Toyota and Lexus dealers are about a mile apart and owned by the same company. The Toyota dealer pushes back on performing Lexus maintenance... I eventually found a retired Lexus mechanic who opened up his own shop and he works on them all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I owned a LS400 for 12 years. Service at the Lexus dealership was good but very expensive and so were parts. Switched to a new gen3 Avalon after that in 2007, traded it for the 2019 Limited last fall. Have no complaints about the service at the local dealer and the cost is much more reasonable. The only thing I miss is the hot chocolate chip cookies Lexus offered when I picked up the car after service.

Before purchasing the 2019 Avi I seriously considered the ES350 but choose the Avi because I didn’t like the Lexus instrument cluster and the goofy controls for the infotainment system. Although not a significant factor, the better value for the money with the Avi, the fact that the Toyota dealer is local and the Lexus dealer is 40 miles distant and that I am at a stage in my life where the status of the emblem on the hood is of no significance to me, the Avalon was the right choice for me.

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Silver
27 Posts
I found a Goodyear store to service the Lexus before I traded it in. The cosat of the oil change went from 186.00 to 68.00 full synthetic.
they replaced the control arms for half what the Lexus dealer wanted. I was much happier. Still like the ride and drivability better in the Avalon.

201 - 220 of 379 Posts