Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am hearing squeaking in my front right brake, which has been having problems which I posted a thread on here before.

Anyways, SOMETIMES, when I put the car past 40mph the steering wheel shakes. Sometimes it's bad, and sometimes not bad at all. I am thinking it is my brake coz I have been having problems with the right front side. Also, becoz now the squeaking has begun and I am having this shaking problem. Could this be it?

OR

Could it be the fact that I just did (replaced) my front struts and springs and have been waiting until AFTER I did the rears to get the car aligned?

Any help?

Thanks to all.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
rotors warped would cause it to shake when braking... or you can just get your wheels balanced if it just shakes when crusing along

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
allignment wont cause vibrations unless your car is seriously messed up. Tire balancing has much to do with it. Since you feel shaking in steering and not so much in your chair then at least we know its up in front.

Your rotor is more than likely warped. I know my rear right rotor was warped and things have been better after getting it replaced.

At anyrate, if you havent had your tires balanced in a long time, do so, and also just shell out the bucks to fix ur brakes. Tires, steering, and brakes are pretty much the most important parts of your car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not that uncommon If it shakes when you have to put on your brakes (say coming off an exit ramp of a highway) then you will need to think of getting new rotors installed. Or possibly get them turned, but you might as well get new since they are relatively cheap.

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
check your balance as well as the alignment

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. When I finish the rear strut spring swap, I'll get it aligned and balanced. Then I think I'll start looking at brakes and maybe a brake upgrade.

Thanks again all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts