Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

Everytime I look at honda guys, they have EVO seats/RSX seats/Acura seats etc...I was wondering how they go about doing this, is it just a matter of custom rails?
I am looking at some acura CL-S seats, and they are in perfect condition...i was hoping i could swap them for my OEM seats sicne they are heavily worn!

Has anyone fitted any other brands seats in a camry? Lots of work?

P

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't replace my factory seats for the simple fact that my side airbags are located inside them. If you value your limbs I'd suggest you stick with the seats Toyota installed.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
The SE seat is pretty good actually. I don't see the need to replace it.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
I wouldn't replace my factory seats for the simple fact that my side airbags are located inside them. If you value your limbs I'd suggest you stick with the seats Toyota installed.
Good point and your insurance may not cover your injuries if you get into an accident. They can say the seat did not meet safety requirements, etc, and was not tested by Toyota's crash test, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I like these better:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Lancer Evo. You think it will fit the Camry?

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
At least it doesn't look like a baby car seat. ;)

Who's gonna swap it first? Any volunteers? :naughty:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I kinda like this one too:

Around $700 a pair.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I don't think the Gen 5's have airbags in the seat...i think that was new for the Gen 6..but i could be wrong..and the OP has a Gen 5

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
yeah....it's all a matter of making the seat rail fit...I've always had my eye on the jdm red honda seats...but thats kinda flashy....

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
Looks like a big fukin babyseat.
sounds like a big fucking baby.

Hey guys...

Everytime I look at honda guys, they have EVO seats/RSX seats/Acura seats etc...I was wondering how they go about doing this, is it just a matter of custom rails?
I am looking at some acura CL-S seats, and they are in perfect condition...i was hoping i could swap them for my OEM seats sicne they are heavily worn!

Has anyone fitted any other brands seats in a camry? Lots of work?
PM GENE
he put some time putting that EVO2 eat in his car
and Pauls

1 - 20 of 43 Posts