Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Corolla
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in South Florida and have been wanting to upgrade from my 99 corolla for quite sometime now. I have been doing a ton of research on Highlanders. I've come across one selling for $3200 with 186k miles on it. Somethings I am unsure of are what to look for in Highlanders especially the hybrid models. I did see that there was a recall issue in regards to the inverter not functioning properly so I know that's a question to ask, but what else should i be wary of when it comes to buying a Highlander/hybrid?

·
Registered
99 Corolla
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the space to carry my gear around. I am a film maker and need the space and strength to carry all my gear. Along with accommodating for multiple people.

·
6,685 Posts
I'd buy a Tahoe then. Sits 8, ton of cargo space, goes anywhere, drives like tank, tows like tractor, lasts forever.
With all the load, you will not benefit much from a hybrid.

Yet, back to your question. You need to have hybrid battery state of charge checked. That's the most vital test. The rest is basically the usual mechanical stuff.

Like I said, I'd not be buying one for your particular application.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go for it! I got my 06 Highlander Hybrid last year with 181K, she is fast, smooth and quiet. only thing I've done is put in a car play radio, 25 MPG on each tank. My Lexus RX is now a Sunday driver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts