Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Toy Taco Prerunner
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand much about tires but wanted to change the stock BFG Rugged Trail on the 2008 Tacoma TRD Prerunner to the BFG AT. Both sizes are 265/70/16.

A guy at work said the the BFG AT will still be taller than the stock Rugged Trail. Is that true? I thought same size means same size in all demensions.

On a side note, I hear complications of having to measure backspace, and not having the tire pressure sensors work.

Is there any black wheel that I can just buy to replace my stock ones that I don't have to worry about these issues?

Can you make a straight out change to a different wheel that is black and just works on the truck (08 Tacoma TRD Prerunner, with stock tires and rims).

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
BFG specs the AT tire at 30.7 vs the Rugged at 30.6. A little size variance from tire type or brand isn't uncommon and this wouldn't be enough cause troubles. I don't have any 16" black wheels available....you can see what we offer at following wheels link. The majority of wheels we offer would accept the factory TPMS sensors and could either be purchased or swapped out from your current wheels. Let me know if I can help. Wheels

1 - 2 of 2 Posts