Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so thats the best thing (cheap) i can do to improve performance ?? I have a 97 Camry V6 (manual)

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
what kind of performance? the best overall thing you can do to improve your cars performance is better tires... increases handling and accel... power wise... cheapest thing would be intake/exhaust...

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
There is a ton of stuff you can do to a 97 v6 manual. Lots of potential. Not cheap though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trdcamry2003 said:
There is a ton of stuff you can do to a 97 v6 manual. Lots of potential. Not cheap though.
Money is the issue here bro.........i'm getting the clutch replaced on the weekend. ( getting this one http://clutchcityonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCO&Product_Code=16-082 )

So if this i'll be BROKE...lol........but the problem is that I've been making fun of my cuzin's Madza6(V6 manual)...so he challenged me for a run.....thats why i was loooking for a quick (cheap) upgrade to give my car some potential.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Take out the spare and the back seats, and whatever you can remove/replace easily that weighs a bit. It's free :lol:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
OMG:lol: What a rip off:lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
y not just take off the air filter b4 u got for a run with the mazda6, it will damage ur engine for sure, but if u really lookin for better performance........keep in mind that itz free, n nth is free in this world...............

if u dun wanna damage ur engine that much, then open ur trunk n c wat u can take out( for example: spare tie, jack, tools, mat etc), clean it out, that saves atleast 20lbs there, then do an oil change w/ mobile1 oil, n pump the air in the tire to max it can to reduce the friction of the tire............thatz pretty much it........n dun forget to fill up the tank w/ 94 + octane booster, it does help..........<--more gas = not as much air in fuel resulting insufficient fuel to burn..........:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, Mazda6 V6 aint that fast, coz the areodynamics n the weight, n remember itz a ford, it might break down b4 the run starts....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Why all the negativity?

In therory this product works great, the guy even says it will give 2.1 PSI so that equates to maybe 5% more power in theory. Ofcourse it's not I/C and fuel isn't mapped properly, but the boost is so little it will hardly matter.

And I don't know what kind of mazda your cousin has but if it's the new Mazda6 is a decent ride. Nice handeling good power. :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he has the New Mazda6(V6 Manual).

So will I able to give him some competition with my 98 Camry V6(manual) ? or will this be a one sided race ?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
VVT-i Owns said:
Why all the negativity?

In therory this product works great, the guy even says it will give 2.1 PSI so that equates to maybe 5% more power in theory. Ofcourse it's not I/C and fuel isn't mapped properly, but the boost is so little it will hardly matter.

And I don't know what kind of mazda your cousin has but if it's the new Mazda6 is a decent ride. Nice handeling good power. :thumbup:
Because fan will NEVER create ANY pressure/boost. As soon as pressure build up at the exit, the fan will push 0CFM. Fan is design to move air not pressurize air.
I do believe a proper size fan with enough CFM will help performance. For example a 2.2L 4 cyl (5S-FE) pump 240CFM at 6000 RPM. A fan at that RPM will improve throttle respond and fuel mixing. It should remove any lag between on/off throttle cause the manifold is always filled with air.
Of course it won't give you 5%, maybe 1-3%. I'll try that and dyno it later cause I did had a fan on my Corolla :p:

·
Registered
884 Posts
ajamils said:
he has the New Mazda6(V6 Manual).

So will I able to give him some competition with my 98 Camry V6(manual) ? or will this be a one sided race ?
Stock for stock, It will be a one sided race...unless he sucks at shifting gears

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
its like putting a leaf blower on ur intake.. i can imagine the engine sucking in air and the blower fins with it

·
Grenaded piston
6,592 Posts
VVT-i Owns said:
I don't believe that is completly true. A turbo is just a fan...
A turbo is a compressor which is driven by exhaust.

Theres a compressor and turbine (exhaust) housing. Theres also a compressor and turbine wheel.

The turbine wheel is tied to the compresser wheel with a shaft and another housing (chra - center housing rotating assembly).

So when the turbine wheel spins, the compressor wheel also spins. Air is sucked in through the compressor housing inlet, compressed, then comes out of the compressor housing discharge and into the engine or into a intercooler. Either way the air makes it way into the engine.

So saying that a turbo is just a fan is wrong. :rolleyes:

And a fan will never flow enough air to create any positive pressure. Positive pressure = boost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts