Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was worth hooking up a camry with 143,000 miles. I really won't get a car for myself for like 5-6 years besides this camry. It is in pretty good condition with a few dents and scratches around..please tell me ur guys oponions

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
I'm in the same predicament (sp?) as you. My ride has 225,000 Km. I've decided not to invest a large amount of money into the car :grin:
But just imagine what you could do with that kind of cash...

1. get a motorcycle
2. downpayment on a house
3. pay back loans
4. down payment on a future NEW car (GS430??)
5. or just save for a rainy day (you never know)

Basically, I've decided to keep the car and spend money on little things (ie sway bars, strut bars) and/or upgrade to performance parts when OE stuff needs replacing (ie springs, struts, exhuast). As for cosmetics (paint, dash kits) I'll buy the inexpensive things for fun (Indiglo gauges)

With that said I still love my car and enjoy driving it and expect to get another 250,000 Km out of her.

sorry for the long post guys (bored at work)...

-Tokicko + H&R

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phi on 2001-11-08 16:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got 144,000. Kinda scared on the limits of the car because i got it dropped down from my pops, but i am going to hook it up the sway bar, and do some inexpensive things. Like putting blue plastic binder cover in the dome light, so it shines bluye...thats my 2.95 mod right now.

Also a audio system, cuz you can always transport those, and they are easier to get a return on.

·
There is no substitute.
7,351 Posts
On 2001-11-09 14:59, igloo wrote:
Like putting blue plastic binder cover in the dome light, so it shines bluye...thats my 2.95 mod right now.
That's so getto man! :lol:

How about some plastic model translucent paint?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Or you could get a blue bulb for like $0.99 and put that in. It will not be as bright as stock, but it gives a blue light. But I assume that your light isn't as bright now even, cuz of the cover.

On 2001-11-09 14:59, igloo wrote:
I got 144,000. Kinda scared on the limits of the car because i got it dropped down from my pops, but i am going to hook it up the sway bar, and do some inexpensive things. Like putting blue plastic binder cover in the dome light, so it shines bluye...thats my 2.95 mod right now.

Also a audio system, cuz you can always transport those, and they are easier to get a return on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey it really does a pretty good job...yea ghetto, unles you dont tell anybody. Than they think you are just smooth. Yea, cool thing is i got like a 5 pack of different colors, red, yellow, green, blue, and i think just clear. so i can change like the seasons...oh yeah the girls dig it. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts