Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just wondering, my ae86 has a black interior, and i heard that most had blue interiors. is that true? My vin number is

JT2AE88C4H0271196

Also, anyone know how I can check whether i have an LSD or not? cause i'm not too sure whether this car is american or Canadian. Thanks

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
^ its a VIN not a Chassis code.... your chassis sode is usually stamped on the fire wall....

that would mean my AE92 will be AE98....but it ain't..... on my firewall, its stamped AE92....

the VIN number won't show where the car is from.... it'll say where its built.

if you wanna know if you have LSD or not, raise your rear tires up in the air, and spin it, if both tires are spining the same direction, its LSD.... if one side spin the opposite way, its gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok kool, thanks guys

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Project86 said:
hey guys, i was just wondering, my ae86 has a black interior, and i heard that most had blue interiors.
It is nothing special. And no, most did not come with a blue interior ether.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok.. thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
Flashmn said:
According to your VIN, your car isnt an AE86, but rather a AE88
according to general knowledge, your statement is false :D

·
Immortal
332 Posts
To find out whether you have LSD or not... aside from the sticker on the housing and turning axles (not a great way to tell)... the vin plate on the firewall tells you. The bottom line that ends with T50... the digits before it should read something like T282"T50" or T283"T50"... if it's anything other than T282... it has or had factory LSD.

BTW: Blue interiors are probably the most rare interior color. Most are maroon or black/grey/white...

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Kwanza said:
BTW: Blue interiors are probably the most rare interior color. Most are maroon or black/grey/white...
Actually the rarest interior colour is orange. I've only heard of 3 cases where they have had it.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
Voodoo.Priest said:
Actually the rarest interior colour is orange. I've only heard of 3 cases where they have had it.
Must be true, cause this is the first I've heard of it... ;]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts